“Hen party arrived on Sunday 6th April”

The Chocolate Boutique Hotel
Ranked #7 of 132 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Can't tell you how much we enjoyed our stay! The owner Gerry and his wife were so friendly and welcoming !! Loved the chocolate and the chocolate cocktails !! Would definitely visit again ! We went out for dinner and were refused entrance to two bars in town, we came back to the hotel and the bar was open , the bar has a juke box and we spent the evening drinking and dancing in the bad the owners joined in to celebrate my sisters hen night was really enjoyable and loved doing the truffle making the next morning ! Breakfast was great too! Thank you Gerry and your wife for making us all feel welcome, I will def be back again soon !! Beds were so comfy and the rooms well presented !! Great all round! Thank you so much xx the bridport gang !! :-)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed for two nights for my husbands birthday. Our room was a little on the small side but it was very clean and comfortable. I had arranged a chocolate fountain in our room as a surprise for my husband. The chocolate was fantastic and we both enjoyed it very much!! I would recommend this as a little extra. The lady that owns the hotel was wonderful. Extremely polite and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. We had a few drinks in the bar on the Saturday night. This is a lovely area which is very comfortable. The whole hotel is well looked after and decorated beautifully. The location is perfect. The town and seafront are in walking distance.
Bournemouth is one of my favourite places and I would definitely stay at this hotel again, especially if you are celebrating something special.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed for one night and found the room to be very well appointed , a little small perhaps but it had everything you could want , en suite bathroom was also small but functional , the room had tea and coffee facilities , flat screen tv and loads of storage space and plug sockets , it was very clean throughout and one of the quietest rooms I have ever stayed in , breakfast the next day was excellent with the usual choices of full English along with toast , cereals etc. , all cooked well and using quality ingredients......the owner was friendly but we saw very little of her , in fact there was no staff on show at all and she seemed very flustered at times , that may be a problem for some but not for me. I would definitely come back again , for the record we started in the chocolate orange room on the ground floor

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 1 April 2014

On first arriving for my husbands birthday we were initially a little bit disappointed. There seem to be a lack of atmosphere and we were hoping a busy cocktail bar and chocolate fountains around the hotel, HOWEVER! The staff were wonderful, especially the owner and her daughter. They opened the cocktail bar when we asked and we were asked to try so many different chocolates. Some completely out of the ordinary flavours. One being curried chocolate which was amazing. We were also given a dish of truffles to take to the room.The bed was sooooo comfy and the breakfast wonderful. We ordered breakfast in bed one morning and it was lovely. Overall a great experience, we appreciated it was out of season and we were the only guests staying and we would definitely recommend a visit. I would also recommend ordering the chocolate fountain in the room and if you are a chocolate lover the chocolate it out of this world. It is something they are so passionate about. Lovely hotel run by a lovely family.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 16 which was on the top floor with the suits. Amazing bed but quite hot and not su...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vickie N
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a lovely stay with my sister for her birthday. We had a good size room and a big comfy bed. We also had a very fun time learning about chocolate and making truffles with the talented chocolatier who made our stay!
It's in a great location for shopping. We loved it.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Just had a wonderful one night stay at The Chocolate Boutique Hotel. We arrived quite late after a day our and we're met with a lovely friendly welcome, easy check in and shown to our suite.

Room was well late out with everything we could need, including plenty of chocolate! It was spotless and bathroom was gleaming.

We had a quick drink in the bar before heading into Bournemouth for a meal, which is very close by.

Very comfortable bed and pillows, breakfast was spot on and the weather is tremendous!

Thank you, we will be back!
Sharon and Stew, Lyndhurst x

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My husband and I recently spent a night in the Maya Room. The bedroom itself was a good size with a lovely big bay window. The fixtures and fittings are starting to look rather tired, not helped by the gloss paint on the curtains and plaster on the wallpaper, which was also starting to peel off in some places.
The en suite was tiny, with nowhere to store your toiletries. The only place to hang your towels was on a rack over the toilet which seemed unhygienic and meant they were difficult to reach. The dual flush on the toilet was broken, with part of it missing. I wouldn't normally comment on toilet roll, but when you pay £120 for a room you expect more than cheap 2 ply tissue. However the towels were nice and fluffy.
The breakfast room resembled a canteen with the radio blaring out. We both had a full English which was greasy, as was our table, so much so that it took some force to pick up my teacup.
The hotel is conveniently located, but the main reason for most people visiting the hotel is likely to be the chocolate. There was chocolate pooled in the bottom of a fountain on reception, chocolate in your bedroom and the option of a chocolate pancake at breakfast, but why stop there? Where was the pain au chocolat, the fresh chocolate muffins (there were some long life packet muffins) or even Coco Pops and chocolate milk.
I would have welcomed the opportunity to discuss these issues with a member of staff but there was no one to be found, so we left our keys on the desk and our questionnaire in our room.
All in all a disappointing stay, and if I had my time again I would choose a cheaper hotel and take a box of chocolates with me.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple