“Nice hotel but not very chocolately.”

The Chocolate Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 133 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We had a nice time staying at the hotel last year. The rooms were clean and the location great. I was expecting a bit more on the Chocolate theme though, like a previous reviewer mentioned apart from a bowel of chocolate buttons on reception (and there was a mini choc fountain too) I think for the price you pay (we paid £150 per night) I was expecting more of a chocolate theme so that would be my only suggestion.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank LJAH123
There are newer reviews for The Chocolate Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 17 April 2014

It seems to me that you can have an average time and this hotel and a brilliant time. It all depends on the owners and what's going on. I recommend that you make your booking by phone, ask about your room (some are below par for what they are trying to achieve here) and ask about what activities you can join in with etc. When we checked in there was a big notice up saying the chocolatier was absent and there was not fun at all.

I think they need to improve the chocolate experience at breakfast - what's wrong with having chocolate pancakes with some attractive extras - whipped cream, nuts to sprinkle , bananas etc. Charge more for it but to deliver a folded over pancake with possibly chocolate in the middle is just underwhelming!
There is no restaurant at the hotel but ask for some recommendations for good restaurants in Bournemouth. However, I think the owners need to realise that most people booking in aren't coming along in order to experience Bournemouth but to learn about and enjoy chocolate.

This hotel can be huge fun and I think they could up the game and make it fantastic for everybody.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank longweekendsrule
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

My wife & I stayed here for one night for a trip to the beach. It was clean tidy and functional but the staff were not hugely friendly. Not many smiles or much dialogue. It is well located, just by the beach which is handy but we wouldn't stay again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Me and my boyfriend visited this hotel during summer last year for 3 nights. Although the hotel was clean enough, everywhere appeared to be a bit past its best, looking shabby and run down. Our room in particular had seen better days! The walls and carpet were faded and fixtures and fittings were scuffed and could do with replacing. We were slightly disappointed as this hotel was not cheap to book (averaging around £100 a night). Upon entering our room, the large hinge at the top of the door fell off, barley missing my boyfriends head! And the sliding door in the bathroom also slid itself right off its roller. Despite the price, we were intrigued by the hotels name and were happily day dreaming away about a Charlie and the chocolate factory type scenario, to which we were brought back to reality by a bowl of chocolate buttons in the entrance hall and a few slabs put in our room. In fact the hotel was not very chocolatey at all and we struggled to see where the hotel got its interesting name. However despite these disappointments we had a very enjoyable stay, with the hotel being in a prime location to visit Bournemouth's attractions (only a short walk from the beach and town). We will be returning to Bournemouth again, but perhaps not to this particular hotel, until its refurbished at least.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Can't tell you how much we enjoyed our stay! The owner Gerry and his wife were so friendly and welcoming !! Loved the chocolate and the chocolate cocktails !! Would definitely visit again ! We went out for dinner and were refused entrance to two bars in town, we came back to the hotel and the bar was open , the bar has a juke box and we spent the evening drinking and dancing in the bad the owners joined in to celebrate my sisters hen night was really enjoyable and loved doing the truffle making the next morning ! Breakfast was great too! Thank you Gerry and your wife for making us all feel welcome, I will def be back again soon !! Beds were so comfy and the rooms well presented !! Great all round! Thank you so much xx the bridport gang !! :-)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed for two nights for my husbands birthday. Our room was a little on the small side but it was very clean and comfortable. I had arranged a chocolate fountain in our room as a surprise for my husband. The chocolate was fantastic and we both enjoyed it very much!! I would recommend this as a little extra. The lady that owns the hotel was wonderful. Extremely polite and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. We had a few drinks in the bar on the Saturday night. This is a lovely area which is very comfortable. The whole hotel is well looked after and decorated beautifully. The location is perfect. The town and seafront are in walking distance.
Bournemouth is one of my favourite places and I would definitely stay at this hotel again, especially if you are celebrating something special.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed for one night and found the room to be very well appointed , a little small perhaps but it had everything you could want , en suite bathroom was also small but functional , the room had tea and coffee facilities , flat screen tv and loads of storage space and plug sockets , it was very clean throughout and one of the quietest rooms I have ever stayed in , breakfast the next day was excellent with the usual choices of full English along with toast , cereals etc. , all cooked well and using quality ingredients......the owner was friendly but we saw very little of her , in fact there was no staff on show at all and she seemed very flustered at times , that may be a problem for some but not for me. I would definitely come back again , for the record we started in the chocolate orange room on the ground floor

Stayed: April 2014