“Simply Amazing”

Ranked #300 of 744 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Price range: US$0 - US$31
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Simply Amazing”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing. Always get my takeaways from here and eat in the restaurant regularly.

Highly recommend it.. 10/10

2 Thank ChrisRowley79

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Delish”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Foods fantastic here, wasn't too keen on the mixed kebab starter but the organ josh was hot as a madras mmmm. Excellent value and great service followed by complimentary sambucas. Don't miss out xx

Poole, United Kingdom
“Disgusting and an insult to real indian food.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I just ordered take away from this restaurant and it was disgusting and in edible . I have experience of good Indian food and the freshness and simplicity plus combination of spices is key.
I come from a city with a huge Asian community and the food is excellent.
This was an insult .
Worst I have ever eaten .

Visited August 2014
Poole, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Indian Food in Bournemouth!”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I have recently discovered The Spice of India - local to where we live. We cannot express how much we love curry and have been all over Bournemouth and Poole sampling what is on offer.

The Spice of India is beautifully decorated and has modern, clean facilities.

The service is impeccable and the food is beautifully presented and tastes excellent.

It is by far the best in Bournemouth.

We have yet to order a take-away but this will be sorted soon. Definitely highly recommend.

• Visited February 2014
“Excellent Indian”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This is our favorite Indian restaurant and takeaway. The staff are always polite and helpful without being obtrusive. If you request something slightly different to the menu they always accommodate you. Although the restaurant is not that big the seating has been well thought out so you don't feel like you are sat with the neighboring diners, the decor is warm and inviting and it has a nice ambiance. My husband and I always have a starter each (prawn puri...perfect), then we share a main, rice and two side dishes and the staff never make us feel like we are being tight. We are not...its just that we can't eat one each after a starter as they are generous portions!! Other restaurants insist on one main per person, needless to say we don't eat at these places. In my opinion any negative reviews are a reflection of the customers attitude....if you are rude to the staff they have every right to respond appropriately.

• Visited December 2013