“Thank you Rose”

Kantara Guest House
Ranked #67 of 133 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I have just spent 3 months at the Kantara guesthouse in Bournemouth for four nights each week whilst on a Business Assignment. I wish there was the same quality accommodation and prices on all my trips across the UK. It was also important that I could sleep peacefully given that I have been so being so busy and so this for me has been the perfect B&B at the right price. I have been absolutely delighted with the accommodation and I could not recommend the Kantara and Rose's hospitaity more highly. Thank you.

Room Tip: Ask for Room 4 if it is available.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Kantara Guest House

Reviewed 4 March 2013

My boyfriend and I went to see an event at the BIC in Bournemouth. That evening according to the website I booked this guesthouse on said that Bournemouth was busy that evening, we were expecting to pay sky high to stay overnight.
This guest house came up and we were pleased to pay the price. I will be honest, I was dubious as this as the cheapest but I was very surprised when I arrived to the welcoming lady at the guesthouse who also sorted us with a taxi and was very helpful when we asked about the BIC :) (sorry I don't remember her name!) the room was lovely and very clean and the bed was comfy.
Parking was good as we parked right outside the house and felt safe leaving the car there.
If I was to go to Bournemouth (which I do because it's a lovely place) I would stay there again for a good price.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I was on a work assignment in Bournemouth and was pointed to the Kantara Guest House by a colleague at work. It was the first time I had ever been to bournemouth. The location is perfect. 5 minutes from the the train station, 10 minutes from the sea and town. I was welcomed by the brilliant lady in charge Rose. In reserving the room Rose was fantastic. Rose welcomed me and showed me my room which was in tip top condition. The guest house is immaculate and was maintained throughout my 8 week stay. My room was cleaned and made every day. What sets good guest houses apart is going that extra mile. With my lengthy stay there I had a dvd player but with the tv being mounted on the wall I thought there would be no way of connecting it up. I mentioned to Rose if there was anyy possibilty in connecting it up and she told me to leave it with her. I came back at the end of the day to find my dvd player all connected on top of furniture she had which she provided herself. My whole experience from start to finish was 5 star. Complete value for money. If im ever in need of a bed in bournemouth Kantara Guest House will be my first point of call.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Kantara is the perfect Guest House to stay at if you're visiting Bournemouth! Located on a lovely quiet street and only a short 10-15 minute walk to the beach/town centre.
The rooms are lovely,comfortable,very clean and well decorated ! There are two shared bathrooms with shower which are ideal and always very clean which gives you the feeling you're the only one using it. Some rooms are Ensuite so make sure to clearly state what you want when making your booking.
Room Rates are very affordable and good value for money! There's a choice of cooked or continental breakfast, which are both great! (Cooked breakfast is only an extra £5).
I've stayed here several times, and each time has been wonderful. The service can not be complained about - Rose is ever so lovely and helpful. If you need anything, just ask her.
I will definitely be back when visiting Bournemouth! Thank you Kantara Guest House and see you soon - I loved my stay and always look forward to coming back.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 16 July 2011

I booked Kantara for 4 nights on lastminute.com On arrival, the host told us that the room we booked is not ensuite and we have to share the bathroom/WC with others. We were really surprised (annoyed?) as this was never told to us at the time of booking on lastminute.com

But the lady offered us a ensuite room for additional payment, an offer I readily accepted. However, she said we have to move to a room without attached bath/WC for the fourth night. We left after the third night and stayed at a different hotel.

The room and the service were okay but the wireless reception was very weak in the second floor room that we stayed in. The double bed was not really double but two singles put together. Also, I didn't feel greatly comfortable with the kind of people staying there.

There is free parking (almost every hotel in Bournemouth has it). The breakfast was okay but will I ever go back there?

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
roseSouth, Owner at Kantara Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2011

The Booking agent have confirmed all details of the room where correct and visable to the guest on booking ie shared toliet, zip and link beds ect , the price would have also reflexted in this. Guest do not always read what is offered within the room.
Due to booking an upgrade was made, available for 3 nights of the stay only, with the original room booked for the 4 night, No extra payment was ever recieved. and the guest choose to check out late ,on the 4 day.

Free parking is a important question asked by many people traveling to Bournemouth as the sea front and adjoining roads are now metered.

Unfortuntly we are not able to please everyone.

Reviewed 19 June 2011

The rooms are very clean, the breakfast is lovely can not fault anything, all round great value for money.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank carolegregory31
Reviewed 17 December 2010

Stayed in a triple room at the beginning of December. I have stayed in various places in Bournemouth over the last couple of years and this compares very favourably with the best (which in my opinion is Marlins). It is hard to find rooms in Bournemouth that are relatively tasteful and modern at an affordable price but the Kantara does that. The room I stayed in was clean and spacious and had a massive TV as well as good and quick internet access. Continental breakfast is included in the price and you can pay £3 extra for a nice cooked breakfast. Again the breakfast room is airy and modern and tastefully decorated. The owner Rose struck a nice balance of being friendly and efficient whilst respecting your privacy and space.You can also park right on the forecourt if there is space otherwise off road parking is available. All in all highly recommended and really good value for money. The only surprise to me is that there are not more reviews on this website.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo