“Will return” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alcatraz Caffe

Alcatraz Caffe
Reserve with OpenTable
Alcatraz Caffe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #137 of 729 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Price range: US$15 - US$31
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Traditional Italian cooking with modern inspiration set in an ambient and relaxing atmosphere. An Alcatraz Brasserie is the ideal place for a quick lunch, a business meeting, a night out or even just for one of our fantastic coffees. Alcatraz specialises in home-made pastas, pizza and specialty dishes prepared daily with the freshest and finest ingredients. It's no wonder that Alcatraz Brasseries continue to be one of the best in the business.
Fleet, England, United Kingdom
“Will return”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Dropped in on the off chance as we had left two daughters at a concert in the BIC. First impressions were very good, but for the chap leaning on the door frame having a fag outside the front entrance!
As we were in no hurry, we selected three courses and were very pleased with them all, tasty, good sized portions and well presented. The sharing platter starter was particularly good, and although I was driving, I was told that the wine was first rate, although We felt it was a bit top end on the price. Atmosphere is excellent. Service by one waiter was first class, I suspect the other guy was just a bit preoccupied!! Overall really enjoyed and will return, as the atmosphere and food selection won me over.

Visited May 2014

Epsom, United Kingdom
“WHAT A FIND!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stumbled across Alcatraz and what a find.... experienced great home cooked food, excellent service, really friendly staff... will definitely return on my next visit to Bournemouth.
10/10 guys, keep up the good work.

“An amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

My girlfriend and I had the salmon and asparagus to start, cooked perfect and full of flavour..for our main we had sea bass and broad bean risotto which was excellent and I had Frutti di mare which was the best I have ever had..for desert we had limoncello baked cheesecake and tiramisu. We have been to lots of restaurants and this is the best Italian so far food was faultless, staff very friendly and polite and the atmosphere was vibrant! A must if you are in Bournmouth and want a treat

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Great authentic Italian experience. Friendly staff, great food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Have enjoyed several meals here. One of which was my 30th birthday. Came back for an early dinner with my fiancé & 6 month old. Lovely, friendly staff who were great with my baby. Very impressed with the food & the generous portions. My fiancé was pleasantly surprised by how much chicken he had in his main course. Service was brilliant on both occasions. My partner is that annoying person who likes to change items on his order & they were very accommodating with his requests.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Melissaclaire
Hungerford, United Kingdom
“A lovely and friendly restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We traipsed around Bournemouth to find something that didn't offer beefburgers and such!

The Alcatraz was a perfect find.

We sat outside in their courtyard. The staff were very attentive and friendly. We both had their carbonara, and it was extremely good.

• 3 of 5 bubbles