“Waitress with Bad attitude.”
Review of Funki Griller

Funki Griller
Ranked #24 of 756 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Price range: US$26 - US$65
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Funki Griller: we know steak. We're all about our juicy meats, that's not to say we don't have vegetarian options too, but meat is kind of our thing. We source all of our meat from a local butcher and order our fresh produce on a daily basis. Our motto: less pretence, more food! The Griller is for life, not just for Christmas: we can cater to all different kinds of occasions... birthdays, stag do's, business dinners, date night - whatever your event, we're cooking!
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Waitress with Bad attitude.”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Food Was Lovely. however the service was not very good. on arrival the first lady we meet was super, very helpful. we ordered out starters from a waitress, which went fine, then as soon as one person had finished there starter they started clearing the plates away while other dinners at out table was still eating.As soon as they where finished the waitress asked if we where ready for our main course, we all looked a little surprised as she stacked the dirty plates up on the table. (big No No). and literally, with in 30 seconds the main course was in front of us. I ordered a rib eye steak, (my favorite) to be brought a T Bone Steak. I said to the waitress not I ordered the rib eye. then the waitress that took the order came over and in front of all our party told me that I was wrong and that I ordered a T Bone Steak. Which Also came along with peppercorn sauce. The dinners on our table told the waitress now with a bad attitude that I had ordered the Rib eye steak with a Mushroom sauce. Now this would not have over Bothered me normal. But as I am partially deaf and very good at lip reading, the waitress then went over to the over waitress and started talking about Me. Not very nice. So we ate our meal paid the bill and left retrieving our Birthday cake to take somewhere else. Did I mention it was my 50th Birthday that night. Whole evening ruined just because waitress could not get her ordered correct then had the nerve to Blame the customer in-front of the rest of the party.

• Visited August 2014

• Czech first
“Steak and chicken excellent: Tuna spoiled”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Ate with a party of five. Steaks were excellent with a very good children's meal which was made to order. Chicken kebab excellent as well. Tuna was grilled as ordered and then spoiled by over seasoning with salt and pepper which is not necessary for a subtly flavoured fish. Salad bar small but fresh.

Deserts good.

Staff friendly and helpful.

Food pricy, we used Table Pouncer which halved the price making it good value.

Aldershot, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I Do like a bit of Rump and it don't get any better than Funki Griller !!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Booked the table earlier in the day from Table Pouncer and saved 50% on our food bill .
The table was booked for 8pm ,
Glad we booked as they had 2 large groups also booked in and that says a lot of 2 tables of 18-20 people are eating there.
we ordered a Griller Burger , 2 10oz Rump Steaks and 1 21oz Rump Steak and i had the green peppercorn sauce on my 21oz .
You can see your food being cooked via a large screen tv which was different, the meals arrived within 20,25 mins and WOW, the Steaks and Burger were cooked as we asked and tasted juicy and beautiful, None of us have eaten a better Steak and will definately go back again and try something else.
The food was priced on the heavy side but well worth it to be honest as it was a good meal and with Table Pouncer and a 50% saving on food we saved £48 on our bill.
Glad we went and Well worth it.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Wheelie180
United Kingdom
“Quickest Dinner Meal”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Came here for an evening meal at 7:15pm and ordered the grilled halloumi for starters, also the Sausage. It came very quick, literally within 5 minutes. The restaurant itself was quite filled, it was very hot though so it was a bit uncomfortable. I went on a Friday night where there was a guy singing live which was nice. For main I chose the King prawns, they were quite oily though and not really worth the £16 in my opinion. The good thing was we could use the taste card which meant it was 241 even on the weekend. We finished and left by 8pm, overall not the best experience for dinner.

• Visited July 2014
“Food good - Service Slow”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We booked this restaurant via table pouncer and am glad we did as the food is a bit on the expensive side. The burgers are huge though and you get the added effect of being able to watch your food being cooked. The service is a little slow and had to ask three times for our drinks order.... and then get double!