“An excellent choice”
Review of Hotel Riviera

Hotel Riviera
Ranked #39 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My wife and I required an overnight stop in order to attend a concert; we were not disappointed. During our somewhat brief visit, we found the staff to be most helpful and extremely friendly, and the room, which had a most delightful view over the adjacent gardens and the sea, was very comfortable and we lacked for nothing. Our sincere thanks to the Riviera team - we will be back!
P&P, Dorset

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter D

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I had such a lovely, restful couple of nights here as I was visiting my daughter at university (and didn't want to sleep on her sofa..again!)

Hotel Riviera is a really special place....there's a feel of good old fashioned service and comfort and personally I loved it! There's a choice of duvet or sheets and blankets and I have to say, being a nostalgic girl, the joy of finding sheets and blankets and even an eiderdown, took me back to the carefree days of staying at my grandparents'. I was in heaven!The bed was really comfy too and I loved the sea view. My morning cuppa looking out to sea was the perfect tonic and I felt the stresses and strains of everyday life, disappearing. It was lovely and quiet too. The bath was really nice and deep, just right.

All the staff were friendly and attentive and really cared.

I can't wait to go back. I feel so much better for it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sally S
Reviewed 17 February 2014

What a find this hotel was! Stayed here with other family members down in Bournemouth for a wedding celebration and some of us ended up staying an extra day as we didn't want to leave. Room was lovely, marvellous views of the sea and the bay, really comfy bed and armchairs, clean and comfortable. John, Marcello and the staff so welcoming, friendly, helpful and efficient. We all loved the traditional, cosy atmosphere and style of the hotel, and it was a bonus on the first day when the February rain was too awful to go out far that we could meet up for coffee and relax with family and friends in the large lounge. Quality of food and drink was good and every request was accommodated. We were lucky with the weather on the Sunday and were able to experience how well-placed on the West Cliff the Hotel Riviera is, for access to the cliff path and beach. It was a glorious day in the midst of the UK's recent awful rain and storms and it was the perfect place to enjoy it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank nicola h
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

My fiance booked three nights at this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised to see the clean room with a sea view. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurant is a very high standard at a reasonable price. Definitely coming back

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank carl b
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We came here for our Christmas party December 2012 and it was fantastic. Excellent food, excellent staff with great attitudes and ready for a laugh.. Great atmosphere and overall really good night and DJ.
Beautiful hotel and very clean, lovely rooms. Staff very professional and look after their guests well. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nicola L
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We have just returned from a weekend away with the Beds and Herts Submariners for a Turkey and Tinsel weekend, and as the organiser I can book anywhere that we want to but for the third year running have found Helen and ALL the staff very friendly, helpful and courteous.
We were always made to feel welcome and our room was warm and comfortable and well equipped. As I have said the staff were very helpful and with great sea views, what more could you ask for. We would recommend the Hotel Riviera.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Just Returned home from a Tinsel and Turkey Weekend it was great all of the Staff going that extra mile and a half. 3rd year now and we have booked again next year> Thank You John (Proprietor) and Staff we all look forward to it and love what is an extension to our home

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends