All reviews west cliff sea view on arrival bournemouth bay lovely friendly hotel zig zag durley chine parking is limited breakfast was freshly cooked single room town centre star hotel weekend break plenty of hot water long weekend reception desk fantastic location
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had the joy of making a 2nd visit to this wonderful hotel when dropping my son back to commence his 2nd year at Bournemouth Uni. I booked myself a single room which was located on the top floor which boasted the most amazing sea views. As soon as I stepped into the hotel it felt that I was on a mini break, I love the location of the hotel as it is about 5 minutes walk from the beach. The hotel itself is full of character. The dining room in which I enjoyed a fabulous breakfast has lovely views across west cliff gardens. Theresa, Gary and the other staff members are so lovely, and it was a shame that I couldn't stay longer. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to get away from the soul less chain hotels it really is a bit special.

Room Tip: the top floor offers amazing views and is accessible by a lift as well as stairs. Very very quiet. Had an amazing nights sleep.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
GaryR2701, General Manager at Hotel Riviera by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for such a lovely review. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us, we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here in july 18 and we could not have been better looked after-
The staff were nothing short of attentive and a special thank you to sue, gary, david & teresa.
I have several dietry requirements and nothing was too much trouble and made my stay so much easier and pleasurable.
The hotel although slightly dated was clean and the room overlooking the Sea was stunning-
Would highly recommend amd will definately be returning in future

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
GaryR2701, Manager at Hotel Riviera by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Hi
Thank you very much for your kind words and I have passed on your comments to the staff which really put a spring in there step to know that they are appreciated for there efforts we look forward to your return (the only problem with the review is you should of put my name first lol!!!)
All the Best

Reviewed 26 August 2018

If you’re looking for a family friendly hotel with a warm welcome really close to everything Bournemouth has to offer then I would thoroughly recommend. Myself and my son visited for the Everton match and were warmly greeted - with a bit of harmless football banter - and then well looked after during our stay. The hotel is really close to the sea and has nice features like a beer garden and the breakfast was really tasty. Only reason for not giving 5 stars is because the room and bathroom were a little on the small side but that wouldn’t prevent me returning. Thanks for being such hospitable hosts.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Hi David
Thank you very much for your very kind words we really appreciate it and if football was only 70 minutes you would have had a better trip!!!! good luck for the rest of the season (except when you play us)

Reviewed 13 August 2018

We have just spent two lovely nights at this hotel and what a lovely friendly hotel this is. Gary and Teresa were so friendly and nothing appeared to be too much trouble. The bedroom was very adequate for our needs with a side sea view (when standing up to look out of the window) the bed was very comfortable so not a bad night’s sleep at all. The room had tea and coffee making facilities in but we mainly used our own coffee. The breakfast was cooked to order from a menu list however when I asked for scrambled egg on toast that was no problem at all and very nice indeed. The bar prices are very reasonable too for hotel prices.

All the guests seemed friendly, parking was easy and accessible. If and when we are in Bournemouth again we will definitely be staying at the Riviera.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Gary R, General Manager at Hotel Riviera by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Hi
All I can say is Thank you so much for your kind words,we really do appreciate it

Reviewed 13 August 2018

I have just seen on business's for sale that this hotel is for sale - is this true as it will now influence any decisions of where to stay in 2019. It is also advertised as a "Letting Bedroom Hotel" does this mean you don't just have holidaymakers anymore ?

Stayed: July 2018
8  Thank WANNAKNOWASECRET

Hi
I can assure you this Hotel is NOT for sale and as of writing this response there are NO plans to put it up for sale we are looking forward to a strong 2019 with the Hotel bookings already getting filled in fact there are now quite a few dates unavailable for 2019 and we expect this trend to continue. So if you are thinking of booking next year it maybe a good thing to find out if the dates you require are still free. We are and intend to stay a Hotel the welcomes everyone be it for 1 Night or 100 Nights you will always get the same warm welcome.
Hope this clears the matter up.