“Excellent B & B”

Ranked #17 of 45 Dorchester B&B and Inns
Airdrie, Scotland
“Excellent B & B”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Just back from long weekend in Dorchester where I stayed at Bramlies. Cannot recommend it enough. I stayed in one of the annex rooms which I found to be very cosy, well presented and provided everthing I could possibly need during my stay. Did not find the sheets in anyway damp! In fact, the bed was very comfy! At night it was so quiet and peacful.

As others have mentioned, Sue and Aidie are very welcoming. There if you need them but didnt bother you otherwise. The breakfast choice was fab, especially for someone like me who struggles with full english. Sue, the scambled eggs and crispy bacon are amazing!

I found the location perfect. Having previously stayed in a place closer to town with no parking which was a right pain, Bramlies is well set up for several cars. On this occasion however I didnt have my car but enjoyed the walk into town each day.

On my next visit to Dorchester I wont bother spending time ploughing through search engines, I wont hesitate to book Bramlies. Hopefully next time will be able to take advantage of the lovely garden!

Thanks again Sue and Adie.

Ann j

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
London
Reviewed 28 March 2013

My room was in a garden shed. The room and sheets were damp so I ended up coughing my lungs out for 15 min once I got into the bed. The room might be nice in summer but a space like that left unheated for some time during winter time is not a good idea. I also felt the decoration let the room down. Dark colours don't work well in small spaces.
The breakfast was nice and the owners friendly. The B&B is a little remote from the city centre.
I feel it was generally overpriced.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main house.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank MedsetLondon
Red Bay
Reviewed 22 December 2012

I really enjoyed staying at Bramlies. My Nana and i came from America and were made to feel at home. They are really nice and helpful people. I highly recommend it to others to stay there. They keep it nice and Clean there and have really really good cooking.

Room Tip: i stayed in the blue room and it was very nice for two people. they dont have a fitness center or sw...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights during November when most of the West Country was lashed with rainstorms. My room wasn't huge but was very comfortable. The new shower delivered a deluge of lovely hot water. All amenities were provided. The owners couldn't have been more helpful or welcoming, helping to dry shoes and boots and to ensure that we were warm and comfortable.
The breakfast was excellent. I really enjoyed my stay and wouldn't hesitate to rebook.

• Stayed November 2012
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Would reccommend Bramlies as our room was spotless, great choices for breakfast which was cooked and presented well. Sue & Adie were welcoming hosts. Bramlies is good value for money and would class it more as a 4 star then a 3 star.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Bramlies B&B was everything we could have asked for and more.
After a very long drive from Yorkshire to Dorset, we received a warm and friendly welcome and were shown to our extremely comfortable and beautifully kept room.
The owners, Sue and Aidy could not offer to do enough for us and the hospitality tray and complimentary toiletries provided in the room were far superior to any hotel that we have stayed in. Parking facilities were excellent and the guesthouse is in a fantastic location, less than a 10 minute stroll into Dorchester itself.
We were visiting the area for a wedding and were more than adequately set up for a busy day with an outstanding breakfast, the menu was extensive and the food, top class. Sue's home made granola definitely deserves a mention, I only wish I'd pinched the recipe as breakfast wont be the same without it!
A lovely feature of Bramlies is their dining area, where guests can all breakfast together and share their experiences of the local area. We found that this friendly and informal atmosphere beats any faceless chain hotel experience and with extremely reasonable prices, you'd be missing out staying anywhere else!
Thank you so much Sue and Aidy, we will most certainly be visiting you again in the future!

• Stayed November 2012
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I would recommend this bed and breakfast. From the time I made an inquiry until I left nothing was to much trouble. The room was lovely and welcoming, clean and spacious. Breakfast was super with lots to choose from and there was a lovely view of the garden.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo