“A well-located B&B”

Ranked #17 of 45 Dorchester B&B and Inns
Derby, United Kingdom
“A well-located B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed here years ago under previous management and name; it was good then and is probably even better now. Very good room, good breakfast, very welcoming host who ensured I was given a sufficient briefing but not more than necessary. Really helpful after I left - very quick to let me know that I'd left a bag behind, before I got too far away.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Benfleet, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Bramlies is the perfect choice for anyone looking for a quiet, beautifully clean and comfortable B&B.
I stayed in the Garden Suite which is ideal for families or friends as there are two large rooms, set in a very pleasant and well-tended garden.There is another similar suite available, as well as rooms in the house itself. The hosts, Sue and Adie, could not have been more pleasant and helpful. They do everything they can to make you feel welcome and the food is really plentiful and delicious, with different dietary requirements available. I chose Bramlies because it was near the hospital and, after quite tiring days visiting a sick relative, it was so comforting to return to such a pleasant environment. It is also an easy walk down to Dorchester town centre. I genuinely feel that this was the best B&B I have stayed in and would recommend you to try it.

Room Tip: The Garden Suite is really pleasant and comfortable.
Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dawlish, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Sue and Adie are great hosts, and they are essentially what makes this such a good place to stay. My wife and I were staying for three days, and we had an early start at 05.30 on the middle day, (courtesy of a superb Guy Edwardes' one-day photography workshop), so didn't wish to disturb others. On arrival, we were offered the separate garden room, which is very spacious and comfortable. It offers a small lounge area with TV, separate from the en-suite bedroom. Perhaps the lounge area could have benefited from some soft, ambient lighting, as we don't usually watch TV in a brightly lit room. But in all other respects, it was very well decorated and offered lovely accommodation.

The bedroom does have softer lighting,and the bed is considerably more comfortable than ours at home! The heating in both rooms is regulated by adjustable timers, and as we were visiting during a fairly chilly time (early March), was most welcome. It was never cold.

Breakfast is superb, with a great selection of beautifully cooked food following the cereals and juice, including Sue's granola mix and freshly prepared fruit each morning. You'd struggle to find better or friendlier hosts than Sue and Adie, who really bent over backwards to make us as comfortable and welcome as possible. .

Room Tip: If you need an early start, ask for the garden room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Shoreham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Perfect. Quiet, lovely room; delicious breakfast; friendly people; easy parking; big TV; tea and coffee in room; gluten free cereals and lots of cooked choices for breakfast; light and spacious room; luxurious.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank j j
Cuernavaca, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

I was hunting for affordable accommodation on Dorchester and setted on this as (a) it was close to the hospital where I had to go to visit my mother (b) it had good reviews and (c) my email was answered helpfully and promptly. I didn't regret this decision. My wife and I were made most welcome from the moment we arrived whilst given our space and time. The room was clean and comfortable. The shower was so welcome after 12 hours on a plane and a further 4 on National Express. There were tea making facilities to re-hydrate us, free wifi to connect with friends and family back in México as well as in the UK. The breakfast was all you could ask for and more. The hosts, Sue and Aden were flexible in what they offered, The quality was all you could want and the quantity more than sufficient. We were able to come and go as we wished during the day which was a huge asset given the frequent but short trips to the hospital. We ate at the Sydney Arms 5 minutes walk away which I would also recommend to anyone wanting a traditional British pub.
We were able to pay by credit card which was a real bonus given that this was an unplanned trip,
In short, if you are looking for a friendly, home from home accommodation, go to Bramlies B&B. I know you won't be disappointed. You couldn't ask for two nicer people to look after you during your stay in Dorchester and welcome you into their well appointed home.
Paul and Alma (Mexico)

Room Tip: tell the hosts what you want and they will help you
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul S
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Sue and Adie are the perfect hosts, friendly and helpful but not overpowering. The two rooms that my friends and I stayed in were extremely comfortable with plenty of storage and clear surface space to put our own things. Both rooms were newly decorated. My boyfriend and I were in the Blue Room, which had a huge superking size bed. The shower cubicle was a good size with a really powerful shower.
Our friends were in one of the outside rooms which also had a sitting room. Great for a pre drink together before we went out in the evening.

Breakfast was brilliant, with a good selection of hot food, and Sue's homemade granola was delicious. Directly outside the dining room was a decked area which unfortunately we couldn't use with it being winter, but would be a lovely spot in the summer for a glass of wine!

Off road parking was a real bonus for a town B&B

Thanks to Sue and Adie for a fabulous stay, we will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
south coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Just the job nice and friendly loads of parking spaces, nice and clean and tidy room stay again for sure. Didn't want breakfast because I was up early the following day so they knocked at fiver off happy days. Hoping to stay again soon. Many thanks

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business