“Another lovely stay at Bramlies”

Bramlies Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #17 of 45 Dorchester B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Another lovely stay at Bramlies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

My boyfriend and I have previously stayed at Bramlies with friends, and loved it so much that we returned for a weekend break just the two of us. This time we stayed in one of the outside rooms, the 'Lily Pad'. It was beautifully decorated, with a nice sized bathroom and a huge shower. It felt very private which was lovely, and we had everything we needed in the room. Just outside the there was plenty of space to sit and have a glass of wine on the decking. Sue and Adie were again the perfect hosts, and they outdid themselves with the breakfast. Having stayed here twice now, I would highly recommend Bramlies to anyone, whether travelling for business or pleasure.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I spent 2 nights at Bramlies whilst visiting my brother in Dorchester , what a delight, often when staying as a single traveller you get the box room.Not at Bramlies a lovely room, everything you needed.
Sue & Adie very friendly & helpful
Superb breakfasts - need to go on a diet now! Well done from Liz / Reading

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I was working in Dorchester this past week and unfortunately only stayed here for the last 2 days. If ever I'm in town again I will undoubtedly stay here. Extremely clean and comfortable . Very friendly and welcoming couple. I could not fault this place at all. Adie and Sue should get themselves on " FOUR IN A BED " and they will have a new trophy to display to their happy occupants .........10/10

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed here years ago under previous management and name; it was good then and is probably even better now. Very good room, good breakfast, very welcoming host who ensured I was given a sufficient briefing but not more than necessary. Really helpful after I left - very quick to let me know that I'd left a bag behind, before I got too far away.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Benfleet, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Bramlies is the perfect choice for anyone looking for a quiet, beautifully clean and comfortable B&B.
I stayed in the Garden Suite which is ideal for families or friends as there are two large rooms, set in a very pleasant and well-tended garden.There is another similar suite available, as well as rooms in the house itself. The hosts, Sue and Adie, could not have been more pleasant and helpful. They do everything they can to make you feel welcome and the food is really plentiful and delicious, with different dietary requirements available. I chose Bramlies because it was near the hospital and, after quite tiring days visiting a sick relative, it was so comforting to return to such a pleasant environment. It is also an easy walk down to Dorchester town centre. I genuinely feel that this was the best B&B I have stayed in and would recommend you to try it.

Room Tip: The Garden Suite is really pleasant and comfortable.
Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dawlish, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Sue and Adie are great hosts, and they are essentially what makes this such a good place to stay. My wife and I were staying for three days, and we had an early start at 05.30 on the middle day, (courtesy of a superb Guy Edwardes' one-day photography workshop), so didn't wish to disturb others. On arrival, we were offered the separate garden room, which is very spacious and comfortable. It offers a small lounge area with TV, separate from the en-suite bedroom. Perhaps the lounge area could have benefited from some soft, ambient lighting, as we don't usually watch TV in a brightly lit room. But in all other respects, it was very well decorated and offered lovely accommodation.

The bedroom does have softer lighting,and the bed is considerably more comfortable than ours at home! The heating in both rooms is regulated by adjustable timers, and as we were visiting during a fairly chilly time (early March), was most welcome. It was never cold.

Breakfast is superb, with a great selection of beautifully cooked food following the cereals and juice, including Sue's granola mix and freshly prepared fruit each morning. You'd struggle to find better or friendlier hosts than Sue and Adie, who really bent over backwards to make us as comfortable and welcome as possible. .

Room Tip: If you need an early start, ask for the garden room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Shoreham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Perfect. Quiet, lovely room; delicious breakfast; friendly people; easy parking; big TV; tea and coffee in room; gluten free cereals and lots of cooked choices for breakfast; light and spacious room; luxurious.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo