“Needs refurb”
Review of Junction Hotel

Junction Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Dorchester
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I was staying at the hotel for family wedding. misleading to start with as no hotel but large pub with out buildings as rooms. Room was freezing , apparently heating only on when it is on in the pub!
Twin room which left a lot to be desired, wall paper hanging off the wall behind beds and carpet badly stained. The bathroom looked like it needed a good scrub.Whole room drab an dark, can only say I am glad I was only staying night.
I paid £62 when checking out but still feel this is too high.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RonnieRocket42

Reviewed 21 September 2012

We stayed at the Junction last Saturday night whilst attending a wedding a few miles away. The room (2) was large, but twin bedded. We hadn't specified a double when booking, so our fault, but assumed it would be - one to watch out for!! Decor was a little frayed round the edges (peeling wallpaper behind my bed head) and there were only decaf coffee sachets, but the bathroom was spotless and the room overall was fine. Bit noisy when next door packed up and left, but that was their fault, not the hotels!! Wish I could tell you what the breakfast was like, but there was no way we were going to make it before 9.30 after the wedding. Overall, I'd recommend for no frills, good value accommodation. The staff were very friendly too.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I've been using Trip Advisoe for many years but have never submitted a review. However, my experiences of this Pub/Hotel was so good I felt compelled to comment...

I visited the Junction Hotel, Dorchester on Friday 22/06/12 with my family. We had booked three rooms and from the moment that we arrived until our departure our treatment was exemplary. The staff were welcoming and extremely helpful.

We were in Dorchester to celebrate my father's 80th birthday and when this became known, all of the employees went out of their way to make the evening memorable. We ate at the pub and the quality of the food was excellent. I would especially mention the bar manager, Kevin Cope, who was particularly helpful.

I would not hesitate to recommend the Junction as a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Room 4 was excellent!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank islandmonkey14
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Stayed for 1 night whilst attending a family wedding in Dorchester, found to be generally good value for the money.The room was adequate although smelling strongly of damp, the breakfast was 1st class as was the service.All in all, as was initially stated, good value for money.

However, when booking a return visit , in July I was informed the prices had been Hiked up by an additional 50% due to the Olympic sailing at Weymouth.
I like the majority of the British population am not in the least bit interested in the Olypics and find this kind of profiteering disgracefull. I shall not be staying there again ang hope they get no takers for the duration of the Olympics.

Room Tip: Watch the prices, they change them to suit the demand.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank David G
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Rooms were satisfactory, staff very helpful and the breakfast excellent. Good value.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Staff were friendly and the pub is located near the centre of town. Unfortunatly the room was dirty and smelt strongly of smoke, even though there were no smoking signs both in the rooms and outside. Breakfast was a little chaotic and it appeared that little care was taken over it,cups were dirty, we weren't told what the breakfast options were and in general we just wanted to eat quickly and get out of there!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel recently (room 6) and the staff were very pleasant and the room was spacious and nicely decorated. Unfortunately the locals or other guests (I'm not sure which) were extremely noisy in the middle of the night and kept me awake. As it was the day before New Years Eve I just put it down to a bit too much Christmas cheer! As I was in a ground floor outside room I guess there wasn't much the hotel owners could've done about the racket anyway. The second issue I had was that the heating was extremely noisy and banged all night keeping me awake - I didn't get the opportunity to mention this to anyone as at the time we left early morning reception was unmanned and so we just had to post the keys through the pub letterbox.

Having said that it was a lovely place, the adjacent pub served really nice food though you need to ensure that you finish your meal, including desserts, before 9pm as they stop serving. I think this is the case with most places though.

We got this for a bargain rate and would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple