“OK for a short stay”
Review of Junction Hotel

Junction Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Dorchester
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed for two nights in this hotel while staying in Dorchester for my work. It is essentially a pub with a restaurant and sleeping accommodation, and while it is of a reasonable standard it is nothing spectacular. It has a car park but residents might find it difficult to find a parking space when there are guests in the pub.
Accommodation is outside the main building, probably a converted stable block. The room was very well appointed and clean, but the bed was elderly and creaked every time I moved in bed. On both nights there was a disco in the main building which did not finish until 1 o'clock in the morning, but despite being close I could hardly hear it in my room.
English breakfast is included in the price.
Going into the main building in the evening to get a drink was not a pleasant experience as the outside of the only entrance door was completely surrounded by people smoking: not at all nice for non-smokers. It would be far better if they were to encourage smokers to go a bit further away from the main entrance.
All right for a short stay, and while it is not the best place I have ever stayed in, it is far better than many.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Frank D

Reviewed 22 October 2013

this hotel/b&b is okay for a couple of nights. the rooms are in the pub grounds and were old garages or sheds, don't get me wrong they done out real good. The beds (we had twin beds) have seen a fair bit of action, but were clean the carpet could do with replacing. Staff were very helpful and friendly, we ate in the pub at night and the food was abit more than your normal pub grub. my wife and I with a couple of friends stay for three nights as we visited monkey world and Lulworth Cove.I would not say it is a hotel for a weeks stay.

Room Tip: all about the same
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2013

stayed here after a visit to Monkeyworld. The Pub was busy on our arrival and there didn't seem to be enough staff on duty to ensure we were attended to promptly. Staff friendly and professional. The room was perfectly fine for our purpose however it could have used a bit of a repaint.. nothing drastic. It was a bit disappointing to be informed there would be a disco on the Saturday night this was still going on our return from our evening out and did keep me awake for a while..
The breakfast the following morning was very good... the coffee was nice but it was a bit puzzling when it became apparent that the cafetiere didn't have coffee grounds in it!!! Breakfast service was good

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Travelling by motorcycle, I needed to stop for the night and happened across this hotel. Rooms were available, and checked in.. Nice big room and comfortable. They gave me a discount rate too, arriving at about 7pm. Ate in the pub, the menu looked very good. My meal was delicious. Friendly staff. Good food, comfortable. Well done, Junction!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank sandddweller
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed with some friends for a weekend as we were going to a wedding nearby. The rooms were clean and pleasant, though as they're in old out buildings they are a little dark. The staff were so friendly and helpful and went out of their way to check we had what we needed, they were also really friendly to the little children that were with us. The food was nice pub food and the breakfasts were really lovely. It's one of the cheaper places to stay in town and a nice enough place, the staff are really helpful and this made all the difference.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gemmiwem
Reviewed 14 September 2013

we and friends stay for three nights, you get what you pay for, and we found the staff, food and rooms match the price we paid.We would not stay again because its not the sort of place we like The rooms were good, staff helpful and the food ok, apart from the Sunday lunch the roast potatoes were awful. Don't let me put you off try it.

Room Tip: not rooms 1 and 2
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 819TICH819
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My husband and myself stayed here for two nights while visiting the local steam fair, the staff are very friendly, nothing is too much trouble.
we had both evening meals t the pub as the first night was so good, we had rump steak with the trimmings, dessert and drinks all for under £20. I had the same the following night that's how good it was, would recommend the melt in the middle choc pudding amazing.
Drinks were reasonable. unlike other reports no problem with breakfast it was perfect very good value.
Rooms very comfy and very clean, first thing I do is check for cleanliness and it was spotless.
all round good weekend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorchester
Best Western Wessex Royal Hotel
#1 of 1 in Osmington Mills
Mortons House Hotel
Mortons House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Corfe Castle

Been to Junction Hotel? Share your experiences!