“Good pub lunch”

Ranked #2 of 134 Restaurants in Dorchester
Price range: US$12 - US$21
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Traditional country pub with large car park in the beautiful village of Martinstown just outside Dorchester. Homemade, locally sourced food, real ales and dog friendly. Two fully ensuite spacious Bed and Breakfast rooms - one with wheelchair access and wet room. Quiz Nights, Curry Nights, Sunday Roasts and weekly food specials.
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Our walking group called here for lunch and found it to be very pleasant with good food and service. The village itself is very picturesque and the pub has a good car park

Reviewed 25 June 2013

This is definitely one of the nicest pubs my husband and I have ever stayed in... This was our third return visit for a weekend break along with our dog and this is my third review..
I honestly didn't believe I could add anymore than I've said before in my previous reviews but The Brewers keeps getting better.
The accommodation still maintains a very high standard of comfort and cleanliness, the breakfast is very good too.
The menu is varied and daily specials are displayed on a blackboard.
My husband said the beef and Stilton pie was the best pie he has ever tasted..
It's clear to see that everyone works extremely hard and take great pride in making The Brewers a happy and friendly place to be..
We have rebooked to return again in sept and we can't wait..

1  Thank Betts-ster
Reviewed 24 June 2013

On our way home from shopping in Dorchester at the weekend ,we decided it would be nice to stop off somewhere for a meal, we had our dog with us and the first pub we stopped at didn't allow dogs in but suggested the brewers arms which did. They were very welcoming not only to us but to our dog too offering him a dog treat ,which obviously went down well. We both had steak pie which was delicious , delivered promptly with a smile . The staff are very attentive , the food is good , surroundings clean and comfortable, easy parking too, I would highly recommend this pub to others.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Enjoyed our (Wednesday) evening meal.
Food was better than your average 'pub-grub' - my Game Pie was especially good.
Nice ambience and friendly and attentive staff.
Quiz night on a Wednesday so the place was comfortably busy and lively.
Good parking.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Arrived a little late for Sunday lunch but remembered I'd made a note of this place I'd seen on Tripadvisor so thought we'd give it a try. After a lovely drive into the country, five of us plus a wheelchair was no problem and we ended up having a superb lunch. Very friendly staff and everything cooked to perfection.

1  Thank StellaStar46