“Best Chinese I know!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner
Dorset
“Best Chinese I know!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I've been going to this Chinese for years. Best Chinese I have ever had. Chips topped with barbecue sauce is one of my favourites! I would love to know how they make the sauce. I love the pancake roll & the young chow fried rice too. The people there are always friendly although I do sometimes think the kids that work there seem very young but I understand they are working to earn pocket money. I live 15 miles away from this Chinese and I happily drive there when I feel like having my usual!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Dorchester, United Kingdom
“sweet n sour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

i love the sweet n sour its the best in dorch, n ive had the pork balls n chicken balls infact im about 2 order sum now. if there has bin an inspector there then i guess they have gone dwn hill a bit, but its not affected the taste of the food ive eaten!!!!!! n ive eaten there for yrs.its a gud service there and its not suppose 2 b a resturant its a takeaway n it gets real busy, its a gud place n now i guess the inspectors have bin in, in can only get better:-)

• Visited March 2013
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

I remember when the Golden Lotus was the chinese to go to in Dorchester but lately it's gone downhill.

Their Food Standards Agency rating is now a 1 - if you've watched food inspectors and seen how awful the places are which get a 3, imagine how bad you have to be to get a 1!

They don't offer a delivery service - the other Chinese takeaways in Dorchester offer a free delivery service.

The chicken balls taste suspicious! The beef is very dry and chewy.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank JoLuJa
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012 via mobile

The best pork balls you will ever have! I now live 10 miles away and often drive there just for these. Always really friendly and clean.

Dorset
“Regular user, always good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

Personally I prefer Indian, but my wife doesn't. I often compromise and we do use the Golden Lotus.
Our genuine opinion is that this place offers good value and quality. I know the butcher who supplies them, who advises that they only buy the best meat, never offcuts or seconds.
Their curry has a good flavour and is a fine alternative to my preferred Indian. The place is always busy, which speaks for itself. You can see them preparing the food in clean surroundings, and I have to applaud their work rate. Shame they don't do a Vindaloo.

• Visited October 2011