“Disappointing”

Tutankhamun Exhibition
Ranked #21 of 45 things to do in Dorchester
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Expensive for what it was. A lot of newspaper articles and small photos which were difficult to wade through. The two reconstructed chambers and artefacts were interesting but I would not recommend this museum. Sound system was poor in the artefacts section. I met a local and I mentioned that I intended to visit this museum and she said "good luck"!

2  Thank Amanda503918

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Lovely lady on the ticket desk but it was a hard sell from the beginning. Almost £30 for a family of four, then extra for a programme and also extra for the mummy exhibition upstairs. I notice from earlier reviews that they don't charge for this off peak so it really is financially rape the tourist!!! The quality of the replicas are good and if we had paid about £3 each it would have been fine. We were actually round the whole thing in 10 minutes and met 2 other groups by the exit exclaiming how disappointed they were at the value for money. We forced ourselves to go back round just to feel like it wasn't a complete waste of money! My daughter wanted to see the mummy exhibition but I couldn't bring myself to hand over more money to them so we left without seeing it. No great loss from the reviews. As I said before, I would recommend this at less than half the price but for what they charge, don't waste your money.

5  Thank EllieWoodhall
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Really ropey and disappointing, not enough interaction, duplicated pictures throughout, very small and the mummy tomb on upper floor is extra money on top of the standard entry cost which for a family of four was £28.99. Would not recommend.

5  Thank R H
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This so called attraction is located in an old church in the town centre however unlike most churches both old and new this attraction unfortunately offers no refreshments what so ever. The shop is small and only stocked with piles of gaudy resin; King Tut ornaments come models and the usual over priced worthless tat. Try to guess when it wouldn't be Dorchester attraction rush hour as once in lets just say its a bit cramped. Also make sure your children are up to staying in till the end, as our very young daughter had a good old meltdown and we had to leave within minutes of beginning the exhibition not even getting beyond the first room. Yes you've guessed it even after we hung around in full view of the kindly lady attendant for a minute or two, no refund was offered. I even suggested a much deserved refund and the answer was still no ! We where given access to the nearby Teddy bear museum, but were still left well out of pocket and very disappointed.

1  Thank Ian P
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This place is just an excuse to cash in money from people who visit Dorchester. Made up exhibition, (6years kid could do with help)I paid extra to see the mummy - shambles not the really thing and what a bad fake ones please AVOID don't waste your money. What a scam

8  Thank Cherry12344