“made to feel special”

Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I was on my own and was made to feel very welcome, the food was terrific the service top notch.. will certainly be visiting again.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

I like the decor and atmosphere and the scrambled egg and smoked salmon was to die for... will be back next time I am going to the hairdressers!

1  Thank alex201091
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Potters is amazing. The owner & staff were very nice and friendly, the service was great, and the food was brilliant ( the baked potatoes are perfect! ). We were all made to feel very welcome, and we will definately be going back, often :)

1  Thank Boom W
Reviewed 8 February 2012

All I can say is WOW!!!the staff were so friendly-nothing was too much trouble!!we took our dog in and we were greeted with an incredibly warm welcome - Charlie (our dog) was given doggy biscuits,a bowl of water and a lot of attention-whilst we were seated by an open fire (today may I add is FREEZING!). We choose our lunch from the specials board....which there was a tremendous choice so it did take a while to choose....in the end the choice had to be the homemade soup which was OUTSTANDING and wow incredible value for money!!I definately recommend this beautiful little place to anyone who enjoys good homemade food and served by the nicest friendliest people! If I could vote for the Potters Inn to be the top place to have coffee/lunch in Dorchester I would without a doubt!!!absolutley fantastic!!

Reviewed 27 January 2012

We use Potters regularly, whether for coffee and cake, for breakfast and lunches. Service has always been terrific, the staff friendly and helpful. The regular cafe-style menu is okay but generic, the trick is to read the specials board. The specials are always varied and wonderful, I have often found my dinner the envy of tables nearby who sit staring at a dull panini whilst my lunch looks like something off Masterchef.
If you haven't time for lunch, do give the cakes a whirl, they are always fantastic, especially warmed and served with clotted cream (my diet be damned!).
The only downside is that when you sit outside in the garden during the summer, wasps tend to put in an appearance, but short of declaring it a no-fly zone, I don't think there is much that the proprietors can do to stop them.