“Just right for a lunchtime treat”

Potters Cafe Bistro
Ranked #15 of 138 Restaurants in Dorchester
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Been here a few times when passing Dorchester, always a warm welcome and interesting menu.

Everything we have had has been 'top notch' always freshly prepared with good quality produce.

Salads extra special with choices at lunchtime to suit all tastes.

mrspotdorchester, Owner at Potters Cafe Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you very much for your kind review, we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We went for lunch and enjoyed great sandwiches on thick cut proper bread. Would highly recommend the coronation chicken. A little expensive but probably value for money given the portion size.

Thank you very much for your kind review, we are glad you enjoyed the sandwiches.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

A little gem of a place whether ti be for a coffee, hearty breakfast or lunch. Lovely atmosphere with friendly staff and food and drink of high quality.

Thank you so much for your kind review, it makes all the hard work worth while, thank you.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I have been to Potters cafe several times and enjoyed the breakfast. However yesterday I had a black hair in my meal. I advised the waiter. He apologised and took it back to the kitchen. He returned minutes later informing me that " they would take a couple of quid of the bill " I advised him that I would not be paying for any of it. And sat and watched my husband eat his. I asked the waiter if he had informed the Manager ,as I would be happy to advise him that I would not be paying. His answer ............" the chef has grey hair and I don't have black hair " !!! I said please ask the Manager to come here and he can see I have love fair hair !! Inferring that I was at fault !!!! Needless to say he / she didn't !! What an appalling way to treat a customer ! Very poor management . I didn't pay and will not be returning.

1  Thank floragirl54

I am so sorry you did not have a good experience at Potters, as you said you had been several times before and enjoyed your breakfast, sorry I was not there on that day, but I did email to try and sort this out with you, but you didn't respond.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Trying to avoid the usual chains we found this little gem down a side street . V friendly service, good selection of dishes with some really interesting looking specials.
Having had a hearty breakfast, we just had drinks and cake. V spicy and fruity Dorset Apple cake. The herb/ fruit tea selection was interesting. I can recommend the fruit tea, served with an extra pot of hot water, so you can alter the strength to suit yourself.
Really nice x