The Casterbridge is billed as a hotel but is in fact a bed and breakfast. The location is good in central Dorchester not far from the County Museum. The service is pleasant with a personal greeting and helpful maps provided. The breakfasts are very good with a wide range of fruit and cereals and cooked-to-order main course plus excellent coffee. My single room was small and looking on to the High East Street had traffic noise without double glazing. The walk-in shower was welcome but the toilet flush was inadequate.The price was relatively high - my long weekend of three nights in a single averaged £85 a night (including the ghastly 20% VAT of course).The bed was very comfortable and the TV worked well. The Casterbridge has a well-appointed lounge and pleasant indoor and conservatory seating areas for breakfast. .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wsteria clad Georgian town house guest accommodation. Period public rooms and individually decorated rooms. Close to all town attractions and shops as well as restuarants. "Master Chef" winner offers dinner an Friday and Saturday evenings. Prices include Breakfast. We are now open for Afternoon Tea in our beautiful lounge! Perfect for a family or friends catch up! Buisness buffet lunches Select a platter buffet option from 4 up to 24 persons. available Monday to Friday lunch times Non-residents breakfast Try our fabulous Full English Breakfast. Fruit juice, cereals, fruit selection, Eggs bacon, sausage, mushrooms, tomato, toast tea or coffee. Price per person. Bookings advised. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Casterbridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Casterbridge Hotel Dorchester
- Casterbridge Hotel Dorchester
- The Casterbridge Dorchester, Dorset