We stayed at this modest hotel for 5 nights last week, and highly recommend it. The Georgian building is beautiful and the decor matches it well. Our room was small but very pretty, the bed comfortable and the breakfasts first class. What really made it however was Monica, the proprietress's, genuinely warm welcome and local knowledge. On our arrival, she gave us a 'welcome pack' of things to do and places to visit, and made several useful suggestions. In particular, she pointed out three excellent restaurants within short walking distance - No.6, the Caverna and Sienna. We also ate dinner cooked by Mat Follas, a previous Masterchef winner, on the Friday evening in the hotel, a most enjoyable experience.
We will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wsteria clad Georgian town house guest accommodation. Period public rooms and individually decorated rooms. Close to all town attractions and shops as well as restuarants. "Master Chef" winner offers dinner an Friday and Saturday evenings. Prices include Breakfast. We are now open for Afternoon Tea in our beautiful lounge! Perfect for a family or friends catch up! Buisness buffet lunches Select a platter buffet option from 4 up to 24 persons. available Monday to Friday lunch times Non-residents breakfast Try our fabulous Full English Breakfast. Fruit juice, cereals, fruit selection, Eggs bacon, sausage, mushrooms, tomato, toast tea or coffee. Price per person. Bookings advised. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Casterbridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Casterbridge Hotel Dorchester
- Casterbridge Hotel Dorchester
- The Casterbridge Dorchester, Dorset