I stayed here as a base to see Dorset, and for that, it was fantastic. I slept well in a pleasant room & had a brilliant breakfast.
The room was on the busy high street though, which doesn't bother me. But if you're thinking of the quiet Dorset idyll, it's not that. This is a busy town.
Just to clarify the car park - I rang and asked if they have a private car park, to which they answered yes. When I got there, that's just not true.
You can park on a pricey meter outside, to unload, then park in the public carpark a short walk away. Here I paid £8ish, for a 3 day pass, which covered all the public carparks in the area. It worked out OK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wsteria clad Georgian town house guest accommodation. Period public rooms and individually decorated rooms. Close to all town attractions and shops as well as restuarants. "Master Chef" winner offers dinner an Friday and Saturday evenings. Prices include Breakfast. We are now open for Afternoon Tea in our beautiful lounge! Perfect for a family or friends catch up! Buisness buffet lunches Select a platter buffet option from 4 up to 24 persons. available Monday to Friday lunch times Non-residents breakfast Try our fabulous Full English Breakfast. Fruit juice, cereals, fruit selection, Eggs bacon, sausage, mushrooms, tomato, toast tea or coffee. Price per person. Bookings advised. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your The Casterbridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Casterbridge Hotel Dorchester
- Casterbridge Hotel Dorchester
- The Casterbridge Dorchester, Dorset