We spent one night here on our way from Portsmouth to the West Coast. The room was large, spotless, with lots of little extras that added to a truly enjoyable stay. Breakfast was very nice, with standard but good choices in a lovely conservatory. Parking was relatively easy in the next street or the long-stay carpark, both a short walk away.
The steps to the room, after the first flight are steep, but hardly unmanageable. We opted to leave our luggage in the car and just take enough for the night's stay.
Would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in the historic county town of Dorchester, Westwood House is an attractive Georgian property built in 1815 by Lord Ilchester we believe for his coachmen. Converted to a town house guest house and personally run by resident owners Tom & Demelza Stevens, the accommodation offers a comfortable, informal non-smoking environment for the business or leisure visitor during their stay in Dorchester. The guest accommodation comprises of seven en-suite bedrooms all are well equipped with modern facilities, including LCD television with over 30 channels, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities and complimentary Wi-Fi.A variety of restaurants, pubs and cafes are only a short stroll away from the house. Alternatively bring in a take-away and relax in your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Westwood House Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westwood Hotel Dorchester
- Westwood House Guest House Dorchester, Dorset