The Cottage is an easy 10-minute ride from Dorchester and has a relaxed country feel. Our room (number 8) was in the back, away from the restaurant and reception and was quite despite the party celebrating a 40th birthday. The room was comfortable and reasonably large, but nothing exceptional. Breakfast was the typical buffet with some local jams and honey, and there was a good selection of warm entrées. Checking in and out was efficient and pleasant. In short, Yalbury Cottage is more than serviceable, but not exceptional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Yalbury Cottage is a wonderful Dorset country house hotel, near Dorchester. Offering cozy accommodation and award winning cuisine, serving only the very best local produce available. Set in the heart of Thomas Hardy's Dorset and just a short walk from the cottage where he was born and grew up. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Yalbury Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yalbury Cottage Hotel Dorchester
- Yalbury Cottage Dorchester, Dorset