Yalbury Cottage
Junction Hotel(Dorchester)
  • Restaurant
Riviera Hotel(Weymouth)
View Hotel
The Smuggler's Inn(Osmington Mills)
  • Restaurant
Windsor Hotel(Weymouth)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshomemade biscuitspre dinner drinkswhite puddingscallopssmall hotelstorage heatersdorset breakfastduckbirthday dinnerhardy countryb ban excellent restaurantcosy loungehome madethree courseswonderful foodeach evening
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This Restaurant with rooms is set in a country location. The Food is excellent as is the accommodation. Our room was well appointed and very comfortable. Dinner begins with drinks in the lounge before going into the heavily beamed dinning room. As with the evening meal the breakfast was first class with an excellent choice. We look forward to returning.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a nice meal here, quiet setting in Hardy country and well worth a visit. Will definitely return dont think you can say fairer than that. They also have rooms although we didnt stay. Trip Advisor wants me to write 200 characters so now I am just waffling!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Not much we can add to the previous glowing reviews of this place. Peaceful is probably the first word one thinks of when entering (and leaving) this little Hamlet a few miles from Dorchester. The cottage (it's actually a bit bigger than a cottage) is beautifully presented and the hosts are most welcoming.
Our room was surprisingly spacious, spotlessly clean and well equipped (coffee plunger and teapot included) a wonderfully comfortable bed and with a view over the lovely gardens.
Breakfast was just marvellous: fresh, quality ingredients, beautifully cooked, couldn't ask for more.

1  Thank PANTHER029
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed here for one night, I shared a twin room with my sister which was small but cosy and comfortable. We had a bathroom with a shower that was hot but not too powerful and plenty of toiletries.

Breakfast was lovely in the morning, with plenty of choice. Cereal, fruit, yoghurt, and cooked items including full english breakfast items as well as fresh omelettes cooked to order.

Lots of books are available in the bookshelves of the cottage which can be borrowed, I thought this was a great idea. The location of Yalbury Cottage is ideal for a break in the Dorset countryside. The area is very quiet and so I got a very good night's sleep, there is also a lovely pub nearby which is great for an evening meal. I would have given this property 4 stars if the shower was more powerful, it was just a bit too weak for my liking, but I would stay here again if I am ever back in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MexicoPrincess
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We came across Yalbury Cottage via a web search and how lucky were we! The only small thing was the showers were only the 'over bath' type with little pressure but thats it! This is a beautiful quaint B&B and what makes the stay especially good is the food. They have an exquisite restaurant which they open to the public. Food and service is first class. Produce is local where possible - including the wine :-) We will be coming back and of course thoroughly recommend you try this.

1  Thank Chris B