So my wife and I decided to book another weekend away and deciding where to go and stay was a simple choice, After two previous stays at the Wessex Royale the decision was and easy one,
the staff are ever so polite and friendly to the point that they will go out of there way to make your stay a comfortable one.
luckily for us the weather was kind and we were able to get out and visit family in Weymouth and enjoy the sights. We even bought our family member back to the Wessex Royale for an evening meal which went down a real treat with all.
the food was to a very high standard indeed, and the choice was excellent, not always do you find somewhere that caters for all dining requirements.
so to all the team there i'd like to say thank you once again, and to anyone looking to stay in the area the Wessex Royale comes highly reccomened
Kind Regards Mr & Mrs Lad
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wessex Royale Hotel is a delightful Georgian era hotel located in the centre of Dorchester. With classically designed rooms and an excellent central location, The Wessex Royale is ideal for a relaxing break.The Hotel was built in 1756 and features all of the elegance and classic features you would expect from such a property, including fireplaces, panelling and a magnificent grand staircase.Bedrooms display a charming and traditional character with supremely comfortable furnishings to help you feel well rested.All rooms have modern en-suite bathrooms with a bath and power shower, premium digital channels and Wireless Internet connections to help you wind down with “home away from home” comforts and little touches that truly make you feel welcome. The á la carte restaurant is open each evening and offers a variety of traditional and exciting new dishes. The meals on offer are of a consistently excellent standard, making the restaurant popular with guests and locals alike. Fully refurbished with air conditioning, offering a wide range of traditional and new world wines to compliment your meal, you are assured a meal of the highest quality.The Wessex Royale Hotel is a family friendly option near the many activities and attractions in the area, including Maiden Castle, Roman Townhouse, Thomas Hardy’s cottage, the Tutankhamun Exhibition, and Dinosaur Museum.Food and wine aficionados will appreciate the in house restaurant, which offers specialty cuisine, homemade desserts, and an impressive wine list. There is also a locally popular bar and lounge, perfect for afternoon tea or a quick glass of beer. This hotel is a popular venue for weddings and other intimate occasions. Limited free parking is offered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Wessex Royal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Minotel Wessex Royale Hotel Dorchester
- Minotel Hotel Wessex Royale
- Minotel Dorchester
- Dorchester Minotel
- Best Western Wessex Royal Hotel Dorchester, Dorset