Arrived for a three night stay, greeted very professionally by reception and shown to excellent room.
After a few drinks in the town returned to be served an excellent meal in the hotel restaurant, perfectly served by all staff involved.
Enjoyed an excellent nights sleep in the sumptuous four poster and woke in the morning to enjoy tea and biscuits and a read of the complementary newspaper.
Breakfast was an absolute delight served by bright young, well trained girls who showed excellent customer skills.
After all this what a fabulous weekend we had in store! No! We went out for a short walk and then Disaster, I tripped on some steps, suffering a very serious cut which required hospital treatment.
The outcome was that we were forced to return home immediately.
When we went back to the hotel the crisis was dealt with very professionally, so much so, we will return in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wessex Royale Hotel is a delightful Georgian era hotel located in the centre of Dorchester. With classically designed rooms and an excellent central location, The Wessex Royale is ideal for a relaxing break.The Hotel was built in 1756 and features all of the elegance and classic features you would expect from such a property, including fireplaces, panelling and a magnificent grand staircase.Bedrooms display a charming and traditional character with supremely comfortable furnishings to help you feel well rested.All rooms have modern en-suite bathrooms with a bath and power shower, premium digital channels and Wireless Internet connections to help you wind down with “home away from home” comforts and little touches that truly make you feel welcome. The á la carte restaurant is open each evening and offers a variety of traditional and exciting new dishes. The meals on offer are of a consistently excellent standard, making the restaurant popular with guests and locals alike. Fully refurbished with air conditioning, offering a wide range of traditional and new world wines to compliment your meal, you are assured a meal of the highest quality.The Wessex Royale Hotel is a family friendly option near the many activities and attractions in the area, including Maiden Castle, Roman Townhouse, Thomas Hardy’s cottage, the Tutankhamun Exhibition, and Dinosaur Museum.Food and wine aficionados will appreciate the in house restaurant, which offers specialty cuisine, homemade desserts, and an impressive wine list. There is also a locally popular bar and lounge, perfect for afternoon tea or a quick glass of beer. This hotel is a popular venue for weddings and other intimate occasions. Limited free parking is offered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, LateRooms, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Wessex Royal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Minotel Wessex Royale Hotel Dorchester
- Minotel Hotel Wessex Royale
- Minotel Dorchester
- Dorchester Minotel
- Best Western Wessex Royal Hotel Dorchester, Dorset