“Breakfast at Taste”

Cuisines: European, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We are regular visitors to Taste for breakfast on Wednesdays (market day in Dorchester). We recommend the smoked salmon and scrambled egg on brown toast. The cafe is clean and bright and the staff are efficient and friendly. The food is excellent and the prices are fair. We have introduced friends to Taste and we took our Australian grandchildren there at Christmas. They loved it.

LMM5768, Owner at Taste Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2014

I'm so glad your enjoying your visits to taste* on a Wednesday, The Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs is a particularly popular dish, next time your Grandchildren are coming over to England, let me know and Ill make my favourite;- Lamingtons

Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Came here with friends to experience the pudding night. I have a very sweet tooth so arrived with high expectations and left completely fulfilled probably from the sugar high! We were greeted by friendly staff and quickly brought our glass of free wine. We then had time to peruse the menu and choose a main course before we settled in for the pudding marathon. I had a fritata to start as it would be easy to eat and nothing special but fresh and tasty. Then came the puddings and you can pick what you want from a selection of 12. Each pudding was brought out quickly by the staff and next order also followed in quick succession. Each pudding was probably 1/3 the size of a normal pudding serving and found it perfectly adequate to get a taste without filling you up. Every pudding I had that night was superb. Fresh, tasty and allowed for a little competition around the group to see who would eat the most! I won with 10 in total! My tip would definitely be to eat the cheese and biscuits very last as the savoury is a blessing in disguise after gorging on sweet stuff. Overall value for money, quality of puddings and lovely staff makes this one of my favourite restaurants of all time. You will be seeing me again later in the year so we can do this all over. Sensational!

What a great advert for our Pudding nights, Im so glad you enjoyed it, the average customer eats 7 desserts, we had one man who ate over 30 (he was a body builder who was trying to bulk out)

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I love visiting taste the staff are friendly the business is well set up and most importantly the food is amazing! Recommend always looking at the specials board and if there is a pie always have the pie best pie i have ever had! Thanks taste you are awesome!!!!!

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

This could be a very useful addition to Dorchester's lunchtime eateries. However, it all seems a bit rushed - as though the staff are trying to get you out of the door as soon as they can ('Have you finished your coffee'? etc). Furthermore, there really isn't enough choice on teh menu, especially if you don't like cooked cheese with everything! Not recommended.

LMM5768, Owner at Taste Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Robyn47, Thank you for taking the time to review taste*
Not enough choice doesn't really sound quite right, we have 41 dishes on the menu and normally 3 specials and a soup, 25 of the dishes do not have cheese.
We take our service very seriously, and don't want people to feel rushed, but also we like to make sure that our guests needs are being met with efficiency as most people have only 1 hour for lunch, and as we fill nearly every lunch, it appears that we are achieving what we set out to do.
Its easy to sit at home and pass comment on these websites, but hopefully other visitors to the site will recognise that your review is very much of the minority.
Please come and try us again one day or maybe try some of the other fantastic independent establishments in Dorchester.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

A friend and I popped in here for lunch this week. We were very pleased with the food we ordered, I had a pitta bread with pulled pork and apple sauce that was delicious and she was equally pleased with her smoked salmon baguette. We found the service excellent and I noticed how well the manager was managing - really noticing what was happening in the restaurant, giving advice and guidance to his staff. I will certainly return. Delicious!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review taste* and for the comments you have made about us.