“Excellent coffee!”

Cuisines: European, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately I did not get to sample the food this time, but as the coffee was absolutely fantastic I will definitely be going back to give it a go!
The lady who brought us our coffee was so lovely and friendly, the coffee was very tasty and better than any I have had from a chain coffee shop! Would definitely go back and even though it was just slightly more expensive than average, was well worth it as you're paying for the quality of the product and the great service. From the outside it doesn't look all that fancy but the interior is decorated fantastically and it's extremely clean! Would highly recommend.

2  Thank PilkingtonFan
LMM5768, Owner at Taste Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2014

Thank you for commenting on our coffee, several of our Barista's have been trained by a former World champion Barista and that has obviously paid off. please pop in again and try the food, it is equally as delicious and is cooked by our chefs all on site

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I regularly pop in for taste's delicious cheese scones.You can eat in or take them away,which I do as I have a business close by.The soup of the day is delicious and perfect for lunchtimes at work.The staff are always very welcoming and friendly.

1  Thank ibegyourpardon

The Cheese scones certainly are popular, our Chef puts a little secret ingredient in them that takes them to a sublime level.
Thank you for letting everyone else know by writing a review

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Whenever I'm in Dorchester I always stop off for either coffee or lunch here.
The food is always excellent - very fresh - presented well
The coffee is also very good

1  Thank catwards

Thank you for your review, its great to be recognized for what we do

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We are regular visitors to Taste for breakfast on Wednesdays (market day in Dorchester). We recommend the smoked salmon and scrambled egg on brown toast. The cafe is clean and bright and the staff are efficient and friendly. The food is excellent and the prices are fair. We have introduced friends to Taste and we took our Australian grandchildren there at Christmas. They loved it.

I'm so glad your enjoying your visits to taste* on a Wednesday, The Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs is a particularly popular dish, next time your Grandchildren are coming over to England, let me know and Ill make my favourite;- Lamingtons

Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Came here with friends to experience the pudding night. I have a very sweet tooth so arrived with high expectations and left completely fulfilled probably from the sugar high! We were greeted by friendly staff and quickly brought our glass of free wine. We then had time to peruse the menu and choose a main course before we settled in for the pudding marathon. I had a fritata to start as it would be easy to eat and nothing special but fresh and tasty. Then came the puddings and you can pick what you want from a selection of 12. Each pudding was brought out quickly by the staff and next order also followed in quick succession. Each pudding was probably 1/3 the size of a normal pudding serving and found it perfectly adequate to get a taste without filling you up. Every pudding I had that night was superb. Fresh, tasty and allowed for a little competition around the group to see who would eat the most! I won with 10 in total! My tip would definitely be to eat the cheese and biscuits very last as the savoury is a blessing in disguise after gorging on sweet stuff. Overall value for money, quality of puddings and lovely staff makes this one of my favourite restaurants of all time. You will be seeing me again later in the year so we can do this all over. Sensational!

What a great advert for our Pudding nights, Im so glad you enjoyed it, the average customer eats 7 desserts, we had one man who ate over 30 (he was a body builder who was trying to bulk out)