“Good but shocked at bill!”
Review of The King and Thai

The King and Thai
Ranked #3 of 134 Restaurants in Dorchester
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Food was great, but we were disappointed that on new years eve they only had a set menu. Also cost us £60 for 2! I would have had more wine if I'd have known it would be that much!
The decor is lovely and the manager very pleasant, but the waiter spoke poor English and was a little too attentive. They should give couples more privacy.
The wine was good and they gave us crackers and party poppers which I thought was a nice touch.
I did enjoy my evening and the food but because of the price and the lack of privacy in the small restaraunt I would eat elsewhere next time.

Reviewed 20 December 2011

Having got the last few bits of Christmas shopping out of the way we had ample time to pop into the King and Thai on Great Western St.
Dorchester is well served with places to eat but there is room for this Oriental gem. We were familiar with the original in Bridport but this one is all class. Clean, minimalist, smart lighting and smoked glass, you would feel comfortable as a couple or in a large group. While we finished off our £7 set lunch two other office parties were under way. Even allowing for Christmas cheer, it was a great atmosphere. The food is really tasty and the staff very friendly, and we will certainly go back.

7  Thank beachbuddy10
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Twenty years ago I went on my first date to a Thai restaurant with my now wife. I booked this restaurant to celebrate. The food was wonderful and the service friendly and efficient. The owner took time to discuss thai food and ingredients and had a great sense of humour. I could not fault this restaurant and my wife and I had a wonderful experience. I thoroughly recommend this restaurant to people who appreciate quality , free-range and local produce that is excellently prepared and presented in a fine environment. I look forward to visiting again soon.

2  Thank Lemonentry
Reviewed 12 November 2011

We've had two wonderful meals here with excellent friendly service,in fact the owner couldn't have done enough to make our booking more pleasurable. All our food was delicious and special requirements were willing catered for. All in all a wonderful asset to Dorchester!!! I our party would certainly agree the coconut ice-cream is certainly to die for!mmmmmm!

1  Thank Rachael240672
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Hadn't heard how good this place is until I read the reviews.

We had a great meal off the set menu - the usual starter of sesame toast, satay chicken and spring rolls - crisp and fresh

A mix of three main courses - the dish of vegetables was delightful, perfectly cooked - crisp and tasty, and I am not a big veg. eater.

Home-made coconut ice cream to finish.

A fairly standard menu, but beautifully cooked and presented in spotless surroundings. We will visit again.

2  Thank Maccers54