“Best pub in Dorchester area”
Review of The Wise Man Inn

The Wise Man Inn
Ranked #7 of 135 Restaurants in Dorchester
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Wise Man is where traditional village pub meets rustic gastro cuisine. Situated in the heart of the pretty village of West Stafford, only two miles from Dorchester, Philip and the team ensure a friendly welcome to all and will endeavour to make your visit a memorable one. We are also close to Hardy's Cottage which can be enjoyed on one of the many beautiful walks or popular cycle routes in the area. Our head chef Leigh leads a passionate team who endeavour to create great flavours and experiences. All of our dishes are made in house using the freshest ingredients and where possible we always buy local and in season. To sum up our menu its a collision of world flavours with rural Dorset and Great British Classics.
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Very good food, good menu selection, good service, sensible price. What more could you want!
Visit frequently. Thanks

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Haven't seen by cousin for many years. She recommended be go to the Wise man for lunch.
The food was brilliant and the service very good. We didn't book but they fitted us in. Most enjoyable. Many thanks!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

My wife and I visit here quite often, its a lovely place and atmosphere. Prices are a bit steep being honest but for a treat its worth it, service is always very attentive without being overbearing.
I did however have an issue with my dessert last time I went which I pointed out to the manager who said she would feedback the info to the chef, personally i would of preferred a feedback to the bill which did not happen but thats my only subtle complaint.

Will go again as its local and excellent quality with a lovely atmosphere

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We arrived rather late and without a table reservation. The pub was crowded but the chap behind the bar could not have been more pleasant or accommodating, he found us a table, we were served very quickly and without any fuss. The food was excellent. The local steak the most tender I have tasted and the accompanying vegetables cooked to perfection, coupled with some little extras which made the meal a touch above average. My companion was equally delighted. The cost was a little above average, but it was worth every penny. The service friendly, prompt and first rate, as was the food. Great pub and well worth the visit.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

The ham and eggs were delicious ,probably a local supplier? The River Exe Mussels were fresh and the sauce full bodied but the 2 small slices of Rustic ?? bread a real disappointment ,I can produce better rustic bread at home! That said linen napkins and helpful staff more than made up for it.