“Fabulous”

Ranked #5 of 45 Dorchester B&B and Inns
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stayed at the Little Court for 2 nights 13th & 14th November and it was lovely. The room was large, almost a suite. Beautiful view over the gardens, lovely bathroom, and they cleaned and change the towels. It was a treat for my fiance's birthday and well worth it. The breakfast was delicious and the hosts Amanda and Keith were really nice, when we arrived we were offered a pot of tea and biscuits which was well received!!

Room Tip: All rooms would be delightful as they overlook the lovely grounds
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Swansea
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Stayed at the Little Court Hotel on business last week. I found it by way of a recommendation from a fellow business traveller. Absoulutely first class: great setting, high quality room,,,spacious, tastefully decorated, free wifi...30 satellite channels on TV. Amanda and Keith were great hosts. Really friendly atmosphere.....not to forget Maddie's breakfast....it could feed the five thousand....best I've had in a long time. Great spot will definitely go back next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
East Grinstead, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My colleague and I stayed here recently. On arrival we were made very welcome, we were offered a cold or hot drink. The owners made a point of introducing them selves before talking us through local restaurants and points of interest. We were then shown to our rooms which were of a very high standard, and the beds were very comfortable. Normally I don't sleep very well when I am away from home but on this occasion I had a great nights sleep. Break fast was an absolute delight with nothing being too much bother to the very attentive staff. Will definitely be re booking when back in the area agin

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My stay at Little Court was a lovely birthday treat. We arrived just as the owners were going out for the night and was welcomed by the owners husband, unfortunately despite staying for two days and seeing the owner in the breakfast room each morning I never had a conversation with her personally.

I got to stay in the four poster suite and the room looked stunning upon arrival, if slightly dated in style. The only disappointment for a large room of this standing was the main ceiling light which looked like it has come out of a bathroom and needed taking down and cleaning out as it was dusty.

Our first night was very cold but we found a heater in one of the wardrobes on the second day which meant the room was much more comfortable and welcoming from then on in. We also faced a road which meant we were woken by road noise during the night.

The room was very clean and had thoughtful touches like water and umbrellas. The bed was very comfortable and I had an excellent nights sleep. We didn't use the guest lounge but daily newspapers and free sherry were available.

The breakfast was generally very good, with gluten free bread available. The only disappointment is that the vegetarian breakfast doesn't come with eggs (which makes a vegan breakfast) and when I asked for eggs on the first morning I still didn't get any. The waitress seemed to struggle with making changes to the menu. The food provided was generally of good quality but there were some small changes such as local honey rather than catering portions which I would have expected for the room price.

There is a swimming pool and tennis court available for use and ample parking.

All in all not bad but some small touches would make it perfect.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2013

A pleasant guest house.
Good breakfasts.
Our room was a touch on the small side, but the en-suite facility was compensating lay spacious.
Good gardens with the added bonus of an outdoor(heated) swimming pool and a tennis court.
Located a little way out of Charminster and also within a comfortable walking distance of Dorchester main street( less than 1 mile).

Room Tip: We had a room at the rear which was fairly quiet.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We booked 3 rooms; 1 twin, 1 double and 1 four poster room. On arrival Amanda was extremely helpful & friendly, giving information on where we could eat etc.
On taking us to our rooms Amanda was very thoughful and moved my son to a double room, so he was in the same part of the building as ourselves.
The rooms were all lovely, especially the four poster one and I would definitely recommend paying the extra to have that room.
Breakfast was great, a good selection of both hot and cold choices.
We will most definitely go back and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2013
Lisburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My wife and I spent 3 nights in this very elegant B&B - A lovely welcome from Keith and Amanda, a spacious cean and very comfortable room, freshly cooked breakfasts, stunning gardens complete with tennis courts/swimming pool, such a lovely time we had here, many thanks to you both.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorchester
Best Western Wessex Royal Hotel
#1 of 2 in Evershot
Bay Tree House
Bay Tree House
#7 of 45 in Dorchester

Been to Little Court? Share your experiences!