“A 'home from home' that became our sanctuary...” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Little Court
Ranked #6 of 50 Dorchester B&B and Inns
Scotland
“A 'home from home' that became our sanctuary...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

We came across this wee treasure while surfing the internet. Due to a family bereavement we needed somewhere to stay that was close to the town of Dorchester and this was the nearest hotel. We arrived late in the evening so it was dark and the weather was pretty miserable but Amanda was waiting to welcome us and take us to our room. It was cosy and warm so we immediately felt at home. The bed was really comfortable (in our experience this, in itself, is very hard to find!) so we slept like babies. We did not realise what a great find 'Little Court' would prove to be, until we looked out of our bedroom's leaded windows the following morning. The gardens are simply stunning and the house is full of period features. It has all the charm of a stately home, but with the feel of a family home. Breakfast was prepared to order and was delicious. Amanda even managed to organise a hair appointment for me at very short notice. It was too early in the year for us to enjoy the swimming pool or the tennis court but we will definitely return in the future so we can try these out. Thank you so much to Amanda and Keith for providing us with a sanctuary during our visit.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 7 which was delightful but you can request the four-poster bedroom if it is availa...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
AMANDA_B61, Owner at Little Court, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully we will look forward to seeing you both in the near future. Amanda & Keith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Dartmeet
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

We stayed at Little Court for Valentine's Night. I run my own luxury B&B in remotest Dartmoor and was visiting my son at nearby boarding school the following day, so I was taking no prisoners and knew exactly what I was looking for. Something just like mine. Well I wasn't disappointed. Little Courts website doesn't do it justice. And the reviewer who said it didn't offer good value for money was talking rubbish. They should charge more! I was impressed from the minute I approached the entrance, and remained so until we left after a large and delicious breakfast. Amanda and Keith were even entirely organised to deal with the inevitable power cut during the storms! I was extremely demanding and every request I made was dealt with with charm and style. The room was really comfortable, spacious and boasted top quality extras such as posh boxes containing tea and coffee making facilities, including a quality cafetiere. See you on four in a bed! I think Little Court would prove a major challenge to Wydemeet B&B! I will be back for my son's speech day and a dip in your pool! Thank you so, so much for an incredibly memorable stay!

AMANDA_B61, Owner at Little Court, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
We are delighted that you really enjoyed Little Court and your kind comments are especially nice coming from a person who also runs a 5 star B&B.
You were a model guest for the whole of your stay in spite of the storm and the subsequent power cut!! We were so pleased you chose Little Court and we will look forward to meeting you again.
We will definitely call on you the next time we are in your area!
Thank you again. Amanda & Keith
Willey Lane Farm
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

On the 15th February 2014 my partner and I had the absolute pleasure of staying at the Little Court Bed and Breakfast, Dorchester. The whole journey started a few days before when I cancelled a room in Winchester due to the very severe weather. I have to say that this was the best decision I have made in a long time. I spoke with Keith on the phone who couldn't be more helpful and more accommodating. We agreed a price and I informed my partner we would be going to a B&B for the weekend.

I have to say when we arrived, thankfully the weather had calmed considerably and we were able to have a nice drive to the house. On arrival we were mt by Amanda at 11am (even though you cannot book in till 4pm), who made us feel so so welcome. We obtained the room key and were directed to walk into Dorchester and a few crafty pints at the Sun Inn, Dorchester which was again a delight with excellent staff.

We returned to the room at 1800hrs and were so happy. the room was lovely and having stayed at a few five star hotels this location and room were exceptional to say the very least. The room we stayed in had a king size bed with white linen, the room was immaculate and well turned out with views over the tennis court and swimming pool (llittle too cold to try but maybe in the future).

The following morning we had the most exceptional breakfast which set us up for the day. Keith is an exceptional host and made time to talk about the local area while we waited for our breakfast.

As a direct result we booked immediately for two weeks later and am already excited at the fact we get to experience such wonderful hospitality again. We are going to return already which speaks volumes but intent on making this a regular locations for weekends away.

thanks Keith / Amanda it was a pleasure.

Mark & Lesley

Room Tip: Room 4 exceptional - Four poster room is the next step so will update when visited. But please try...
AMANDA_B61, Owner at Little Court, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
We were very pleased to have met you both are will look forward to meeting you again. We are so pleased you really enjoyed your stay with us. We always strive to make sure that our guests have a nice relaxing and memorable time here at Little Court. We thank you both for your kind comments and will see you soon.

Amanda & Keith
Isle of Portland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Little Court for one night in February and we cannot fault our stay at all. We were made to feel very welcome by Amanda on our arrival and departure and the room that we stayed in was very spacious and immaculately clean. It was such a relaxing and hassle free stay, the building and gardens are very beautiful and the service we received by the staff was excellent.
Breakfast was also excellent with a choice of cereals and fruit or freshly cooked breakfast.
I would highly recommend a stay at the Little Court.

AMANDA_B61, Owner at Little Court, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us here at Little Court and thank you for your great review. It gives us great pleasure to know that our guests have had a good time and that they have taken the time to review us in such a positive manner. Thank you.
Amanda & Keith
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

We originally selected this hotel after reading a review on Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed!
Amanda & Keith are fabulous hosts and made us so welcome during our two day stay. Breakfast was a highlight of our stay. Delicious local sausages, bacon & eggs with the best tasting mushrooms I have ever eaten. We will definitely return again when the weather improves in the Spring.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent but room 8 is something special.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Halifax, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

I must confess I love Dorset, Dorchester in particular. I booked this "B & B" as a change, knowing the location and also since I had transport - it is no problem. Being slightly removed from what passes as hustle and bustle in Dorchester.

I reached Little Court after 6.5 hours driving, late at night.

A ring of the Bell and moments later Amanda opened the door and welcomed me.

I was shown to my room and Amanda asked "is it Ok?" - It certainly was. A cozy double overlooking the front, it was very warm and with a bath / shower of good size with modern decor.
Outside of some of the best hotels I have stayed in, I am not usually shown the room and asked if it is OK, that was quite unusual - a plus point.

Because I was late arriving I needed to get straight out - so forsook the Sherry or tea or coffee in the elegant lounge.

For the record - the room had Hairdryer, Iron/Ironing Board, CD player flat screen TV with lots of channels, hard wired broadband (Excellent) a nice writing desk. The room was warm and the bed extremely comfortable.

I was the only guest that night (a Monday) and Keith happily served breakfast at 7:30 on the Tuesday.

I had eggs a plenty, Gluten free toast (lots), individual preserves, Mushrooms, tomatoes and a pot of tea. It was cooked to order and Keith checked I was happy (of course I was).

There were also cereals fruit and other good quality breakfast items to choose from - nothing seemed too much trouble.

The location is handy for Dorchester - if it hadn’t been the filthiest weather for some time I could have walked into town. And being outside the town is also handy for travelling further afield.

Sadly the weather and commitments meant I didn’t see much of the garden/grounds - but there is a sense of peace and quiet coupled with the elegance and decor, plus the style and manner of the hosts which lends the place a very relaxed and welcoming atmosphere.
I came and went on Tuesday as I pleased and didn’t encounter anyone - the lounge would have been lovely to read papers and relax in.
The Broadband worked well and was in many ways easier than Wi Fi.
The room was cleaned and towels etc. refreshed (nice towels too) while I was out on Tuesday.

Late on Tuesday evening I thought it would be easiest to eat at the local Pub - although it had 2 draught Weston’s ciders it didn’t have anything Vegetarian & Gluten free. Sadly this meant another drive into town. Of course this has no bearing on Little Court - but is worth knowing - I suspect if I had called the pub earlier it would have been possible?

Breakfast the next morning (Wednesday) was a repeat, that is it was plentiful and excellent - with a long journey ahead I tried the coffee and wasn’t disappointed - even my request for hot milk was "no trouble"

My check out at 830 was slick and easy and as I drove North facing 5 .5 hours journey I was sad to be leaving the comfort and hospitality of Little Court.... As in all the best films - I thought " I'll be back"

Room Tip: It seems to me - check with keith and Amanda when booking if you have any requirements or to check d...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
AMANDA_B61, Owner at Little Court, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We are extremely pleased you enjoyed your stay with us here at Little Court and are grateful you took your time to give us a comprehensive positive review.
Our priority is to ensure our guests have a memorable stay at Little Court and hopefully we are achieving this. We will look forward to you returning to Little Court. Amanda & Keith
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stayed at the Little Court for 2 nights 13th & 14th November and it was lovely. The room was large, almost a suite. Beautiful view over the gardens, lovely bathroom, and they cleaned and change the towels. It was a treat for my fiance's birthday and well worth it. The breakfast was delicious and the hosts Amanda and Keith were really nice, when we arrived we were offered a pot of tea and biscuits which was well received!!

Room Tip: All rooms would be delightful as they overlook the lovely grounds
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorchester
The Casterbridge
#1 of 2 in Evershot
Dower House Hotel
Dower House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rousdon

Been to Little Court? Share your experiences!