“Best experience money can buy.”

Number 35 Coffee House & Kitchen
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Not only is the coffee fantastic the selection of drinks for non-coffee drinkers is extensive and doesn't lack any of the quality.

The food is all home-made and absolutely delicious, the only thing more delicious would be all of the staff and their service/outlook.

This isn't the place to go if you don't like a friendly barista who wants to give you the best experience possible, but if you don't like that go ruin your coffee life at costa.

10/10 will visit again.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Having read a few good reviews about this place, I thought it was going to be great. However, it was very average. I think the idea was shabby chic but it was more shabby really. We sat downstairs, unfortunately quite near the loo. Let's just say we were a bit too close. The waiter chose the coffee which I didn't enjoy but it was ok after I chose the second cup. There was no atmosphere and I wouldn't plan a second visit. Very forgettable experience.

1  Thank Caroline503904
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is a wonderfully friendly and great value cafe offering unusual coffees and scrummy cakes and light bites. if you are unsure about the choice, the proprietor will choose for you based on your taste. Great prices - just in an out of the way location - but the walk up High West Street will help work those cake calories off - epic!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I adore this coffee shop. I'm not a coffee snob but I do appreciate someone who knows what they are talking about. The coffee is outstanding and as for the cake... well, I have had the Maple, Parsnip and Pecan and it is beyond tasty.

Well recommended. Friendly staff and quality well priced food and drink. Just wish it was open more so I could get my fix more often!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Having read all the positive reviews about this cafe I was looking forward to my visit, but I began to wonder if I was in the same place as other reviewers. I asked for cream with my coffee and was told they did not have cream as the owner didn't like it and thought it spoiled the taste of the coffee. He's entitled to his opinion of course, but surely he should be catering for the customers' tastes, not just his own? The selection of food available was very disappointing - just sandwiches and a few cakes. The coffee was lukewarm and for my taste, nothing special. Also, while I have nothing against dogs, I don't think it's appropriate to have a large dog (lovely as he was) curled up in the middle of the floor in premises serving food. We swiftly decamped to Potter's Cafe for lunch where we had a far better experience!

6  Thank Jane C