“Entertainment Central”

Number 35 Coffee House & Kitchen
Price range: US$1 - US$9
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Cash Only, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dorset
“Entertainment Central”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I had to go to a hospital appointment a few days ago and after a spot of shopping went to get the bus home, but holiday traffic meant it was running very late so popped into Number 35 for my second visit. (Previous one was with my mum a few weeks previous on another hospital trip).

The staff/owner are super knowledgeable about the coffee and talk about the different varieties with such warmth and gusto that you can't help being fascinated. A few weeks ago I had a Santa Clara coffee as a latte, but on this visit it was only offered black... It was served with a little timer so that it was drank at a time for optimum taste.

Whilst waiting for it to brew, the owner and other customers (presumably friends) engaged in a hilarious banter filled conversation that had me in stitches, admittedly my mum wouldn't have appreciated some of it but I'm sure they'd have toned done the comical conversation according to the patrons.

Anyway, with the bus stop outside I found see people shuffling about so stuck my head out the door and saw my bus was coming. If I hadn't had to get home to meet a friend who was staying the night, I'd have stayed all afternoon! (Plus- eye candy serving the coffee!)

As it was, they offered to put my coffee in a take away cup and bring it out to me as my hand were full with shopping bags and a walking stick. Absolutely fantastic service if you ask me! Last year I went to a cafe with a friend (who had bags of shopping) I was on crutches and asked the girl to bring the drinks over to us, but when she'd made them she left them on the bar, then just stood there and grumbled when I asked her again to carry them... But Number 35, absolutely spot on! If you're a Costa fan where you get a terrible bucket of coffee for a fiver you probably won't appreciate this place, but if you like coffee, as in love coffee, I cannot recommend this place enough! Cheers guys.

London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I happened to arrive early for a meeting in Dorchester and as I walked past No. 35 it caught my eye. Amazing welcome, coffee choices explained, great atmosphere, gorgeous coffee, delicious sandwich & great chat with the owner and another customer at the coffee "bar", I left very happy. Thankyou to the owner!

• Visited May 2014
“Independent, welcoming, knowledgeable and delightful!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We had some coffee and a hot chocolate between us, and the gentlemen was happy to explain the various types of coffee blend on offer. We managed a cake each, and went to the rear of the building, picking up some reading material while we waited - not for long - for our selections to be brought to us. The coffee, hot chocolate and cakes were thoroughly enjoyed. While we were the last customers, there seemed to be no pressure to leave as closing time approached.

Visited July 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Only coffee in town”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

These people know how to make coffee so if you find yourself in Dorchester (or hell, just anywhere in Dorset for that matter) go here -- don't bother testing anywhere else. They will exhaust you (if it's early in the morning and it's your first desperately needed cup) with their chat about 'don't add sugar till you've tasted it' speech (that nearly elicited my 'don't talk to me until I've drunk this' speech) -- but yes, it does taste just lovely w/o sugar. Oh, and the sandwich wasn't half bad either.

• Visited July 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Go and see for yourself!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

A fantastic little Dorchester treat, independently run. If you want a great cup of coffee in a wonderful, comfortable atmosphere come here. Chain store coffee will never hit the spot again! It is ideally located near top ‘o’ town roundabout. They also allow dogs (the owner may have some dog treats from them) and hosts a craft group on a Wednesday. If you live in Dorchester or are just visiting please treat yourself and grab a coffee. Also the brownie with raspberries is divine, but to be honest you can go wrong with any of the wonderful treats and goodies on offer!

• Visited July 2014