“A lovely little cafe”

Ranked #13 of 138 Restaurants in Dorchester
Price range: US$3 - US$16
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A bright and attractive contemporary cafe offering fast and friendly service. Large range of meals and snacks made using fresh ingredients. Family and dog friendly! Healthy and interesting children's menu and choices for special diets and requirements. Pre-orders and takeaway service available. Private parties catered for by arrangement. Open 7 days a week.
Reviewed 10 August 2014

After a day out in Dorchester I came across this place on my way back to the station. Somewhat surprisingly only one table occupied (which is usually a bad sign) but nevertheless being a bit peckish I went inside.

I wasn't disappointed. The service was prompt, and friendly. The food delicious.

Mid-afternoon Saturday must be a bad time for Dorchester eateries (and I expect many less discerning people choose one of the national outlets in the adjacent Brewery Centre - such a shame because this place is far far better than these production-line establishments).

Top of my list on my next Dorchester visit.

Jason A, Owner at Hendover Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2015

Thank you for your comments and feedback, all really appreciated.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We were travelling through Dorset and Devon and stopped in Dorchester. Having parked in what I assume is the covered market we looked for a place for brunch. Café Paninis was opposite and looked welcoming with tables outside and a contemporary look within. I approached the counter to order and was told that my order would be taken at a table of our choice. The menu was very comprehensive. In the end one of us chose a ploughmans which was locally sourced. Service was friendly and efficient and the food was delivered quickly.

This is clearly a popular place with locals as there were both retirees meeting up for a chit chat and young families who could spread out over the large tables. A place we'd return to if visiting the area again.

1  Thank Philip S

Your comments are much appreciated. Many thanks indeed for taking the time to submit a review.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Popped into this delightful cafe on a recent visit to Dorchester. The staff were so friendly and accommodating, we were there not long before they closed but we were still served tea and lovely cake. In fact we were so impressed that we returned the next day for breakfast, will definitely return there on our next visit.

Many thanks indeed for your kind review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We went here today. After my son appointment and it was very late in the day. Asked if still serving food and they said yes. My son had a full english his favorite meal when in a café. And loved it. I had a panini with parma ham and brie fantastic will use again when we go to dorchester. Thanks.

Jason A, Owner at Hendover Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Your kind comments are very much appreciated, and we hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I visited Cafe Paninis for a coffee and Sausage and Bacon Roll no sauce required because the flavour was fantastic.
These people deserve to do well, from the time you step in the door to the time you leave they can not do enough for you.
Well Done

1  Thank Patrick C
Jason A, Owner at Hendover Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for your kind comments, we're happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit.