“Delicious cream tea with character”
Review of Pine Lodge Farm

Pine Lodge Farm
Ranked #57 of 132 Restaurants in Dorchester
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Google maps and the occasional signpost led us to this easily missed cafe/restaurant which is sited on a working farm. We were greeted and served by the farmer/owner who was laid back and humorous but always attentive - a real character who made us feel very welcome. He was happy to chat, and seemed genuinely appreciative of the tip that we felt was deserved. The cream tea was excellent and enjoyed by all, with freshly baked (and still warm) scones. We were regularly offered more cream, jam, milk and hot water, always with the same jovial service. Whilst the decor and appearance is not the most up to date, this did nothing to diminish our enjoyment, and we would gladly return in future.

2  Thank David B
There are newer reviews for Pine Lodge Farm

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We came upon this tea room quite by chance, and are so glad we did. The building could be prettier it's true but it is part of a working farm and in a beautiful location. They do accept coach parties by appointment, but the group that was there when we were was in a different section of the café and didn't affect us. There was plenty of parking. We were served by the owner/farmer and he was very welcoming and friendly with jokes at the ready. There were 8 of us in our party and we had plenty of tea, milk and hot water with more offered several times. The scones were fresh from the oven and the jam tasted like home made. We asked for more cream and hot water and this was brought quickly. All in all we thought it was a lovely friendly place with good service and delicious food. We shall certainly go again if we are down that way. As we didn't have a main meal, I can't comment on those but the menu certainly looked appealing and the prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

The Pine Lodge Farm Tea Room is tucked away in a beautiful spot, down a track well off the road, with stunning views over the Dorset countryside.

Don't expect a posh restaurant. It is a tea room that serves really nice Dorset cream teas and good value home cooked lunches. Yes, it is a little tired looking, both inside and out, but the staff are lovely and welcoming and the meals that we have had there have always been really good.

Today, my wife and I both had the liver, bacon and onions. (I usually do, because it's my favourite!) There was a choice of chips or boiled potatoes but we asked for mash, and they were happy to oblige. The liver was beautiful and cooked to perfection with equally nice bacon and plenty of onions. It also came with small portions of carrots, broccoli, cabbage and peas. It really had the feel of a nice home cooked meal. I followed with the home made mixed fruit crumble with ice cream (I could have had cream or custard) and my wife had a coffee.

The other thing to remember here is that they do not have an alcohol licence, so you are welcome to take your own wine or beer. That always keeps the price down!

All in all, we are very happy to use this restaurant and recommend it to others.

1  Thank TauntonBob
Reviewed 14 December 2012

We visit Pine Lodge every year for my Mum's birthday and every time they never fail to impress with the truly wonderful food. The staff are great, always happy to help with lovely big smiles. The roasts are yummy! Proper home cooked food with fresh ingredients. You must try this little gem for yourself!

Reviewed 5 October 2012

Tired restaurant, went on recommendation of friends but have to say no idea why they thought it was nice, odd smell about the building, probably damp, fairly clean but cutlery was not very clean asked for another knife and that was also not as clean as it could be, food was hot but nothing to write home about, have been to better places for less money, Sunday roast dinners are said to be very good but I do not think I will go back,