“Very nice for a drink”

The Countryman Inn
Ranked #49 of 126 Restaurants in Dorchester
Price range: US$97 - US$162
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Very nice for a drink”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My wife and I go here often for a drink, the staff are welcoming but we only stay for a drink as the price of the food seems very over priced being honest. We would like to stay but for the price we feel you can get better food / a more attractive menu available in the local area (carvery excluded).

That said its a great place for a drink with lovely staff

• Visited March 2014

England
“Lovely Food - Great Place”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Excellent new menu. Very well presented meal, good service considering that everything is freshly cooked, didn't wait too long at all. Lovely pub with nice atmosphere - all in all a good day!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Luckylady21england
“Did not live up to expectation”
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

My husband, parents, son and I visited here for dinner on Sunday. I have heard lots of different reviews and I have to say, I was very disappointed. My partner had a car very, which was very bland, the gravy did not taste of anything and none of the vegetables had been seasoned and had been boiled to within an inch of their life. I had the salmon pasta which was very bland indeed with not much salmon at all. The puddings however are very nice , after waiting for an eternity for them to arrive, I very nearly cancelled the order. The staff are pleasant but seem very inexperienced in the hospitality trade. Not sure that I will be going out of my way to visit anytime soon

3 Thank Samphill2013
Poole, United Kingdom
“Nice atmosphere with really good food!”
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Visited today at lunchtime for a meal with a friend. We arrived towards the end of the lunchtime period but the staff were more than happy to accommodate us. We ordered drinks which were brought to the table very quickly. The menu choice was very extensive with a good variety of dishes. We both went for the BBQ Chicken Melt which came served with chunky chips and a side salad. The portion size was just right and the chicken breast was very well cooked and still moist. Would highly recommend this restaurant and will be visiting again.

Visited February 2014
“Brilliant Breakfast”
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

We popped into the Countryman on a wet Friday morning for breakfast. It was warm and friendly. The breakfast was great, and we got the impression nothing was too much trouble for the lovely lady serving us. We've been before for evening meals and always enjoy it. Children always seem welcome even though every time we've been ours are the only ones in there. One of the nicest pubs in the area.