“Great location”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Dorchester
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Great location”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Used this hotel twice in the last 6 months for a 2 day stop over whilst taking the long route to Exeter.
Great location with the restaurants, cinema, and shops around the corner. I'm sure it will only get better with the new developments popping up in the surrounding area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Arrived yesterday booked inn WiFi dont work. receptionist say I should try it continuously and tell her when it work again.

Eventually it work i tell her bought a voucher £20 a week to learn only allow 2 devices. I have phone for social media ipad for games and laptop for work. tough only 2 devices.

When complain about WiFi, instead of diffusing the irritated client she instead told me that I do not need more than 2 devices. needless to say by then I was livid.

Did not tell me about parking had to find out from a guest, went to book parking gave me a parking bay and left me to find the entrance hidden behind a building site.

Found parking, tired and hungry went to restaurant at 18:10. 10 minutes after it open no-one in restaurant and they told me they can't serve me because they are fully booked. I went on my phone txt a booking through ask them to check again then they say yes there is a place for me.

Want to go to the loo. have to leave table walk down stairs, passed reception, more stairs in basement in dark corner next to car park.

I never ate cardboard but honestly it can not taste worse. I did not finish my starter and walked around to paper shop to buy a sandwich.

Today came back from work find a Subaru in my parking space. parked behind it and went to reception. I am tired and dirty after a long day of work and want a shower and a rest then reception ask me if I can move to another parking letting me get the extra work and grief because they could not manage their parking.

I did it and went to my room to find the bed not made and the room not cleaned. went to reception they said they'll do it immediately. it was not immediately but at least they came after 10 minutes while I was waiting in the room to have a shower, I asked them not to clean shower to safe time but to empty my bin.

They did not empty my bin

In the shower push the shower gel dispenser. Nothing. press again and the lid came off. the cartridge is inside, half full but upside down with the nozzle broken off. No I did not go to reception I was in the shower I just used the cartridge and I'm not going to tell them but tell them to read this review.

After the room was not cleaned they did offer me a meal which I graciously refused as I think I had enough bad for the day. And they did gave me a days money back. which does not help me as work is getting that not me.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Kobus C
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Dorchester Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Guernsey
Reviewed 24 April 2014

the hotel was as good as any other Premier Inn but it was difficult to find and the parking wasn't as good as other premier inns as it was full., less than 1/2 the rooms could park as there were so few spaces. we parked in a perfectly adequate public park but it was a bit of a trek in the rain with our bags.
Handy for Weymouth ferry port

Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed here recently with my partner and our baby son. The hotel is in a new development and has very pleasant open spaces and restaurants nearby. Upon arrival, even though it was very busy, staff were quick to help us check in and made sure we knew about all of the facilities and local information we needed.

Our room was on the top floor in the furthest room in the corner - we suspect this is because we have a baby, and we certainly understand that they don't want other guests to be disturbed! Thankfully he sleeps through the night so no need to worry about his crying - though the quiet of the room's location was very welcome for us!

The travel cot was already up in the room, with clean sheets fitted - this was a great touch. We stayed two nights and our son slept really well, so it must have been comfortable.

The bed was fantastic, very comfortable, and we appreciated the choice of pillows. The ability to control the temperature was also very welcome, it made sure it wasn't too hot or too cold for our baby.

Really can't fault the service, price or quality. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lord_Rassilon
Reviewed 17 April 2014

A brilliant hotel, very friendly, helpful staff. Breakfast was fantastic and rooms were modern and clean. Free wifi for guests would be a bonus as there is limited 3G in the area but we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Twinkletowle
Cheshunt, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This was our first experience staying at a Premier Inn, and we were very happy with our stay. We would highly recommend any one to stay at this chain of hotel. The staff are very friendly, the chain run efficiently and kept clean.

1 Thank Alethea W
Marlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed here for a long weekend, Hotel and staff great, but we had a drink in the bar 2 vodka and cokes £10, so if you want a drink don't go there. Hotel convient for buses and trains and also has a underground car park, when you get a space from reception, you might find staff parked in it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorchester
Best Western Wessex Royal Hotel
#1 of 6 in Dorchester
Premier Inn Weymouth Seafront Hotel
Premier Inn Weymouth Hotel
Best Western Weymouth Hotel Rembrandt

Been to Premier Inn Dorchester Hotel? Share your experiences!