“promised good but failed”

Premier Inn Dorchester Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Dorchester
Reviewed 16 May 2014

very limited parking, have to use public car park down the road.
reception very friendly and tried to help but needs training. Checked me in but forgot breakfast and wifi. Got these bits sorted but then forgot to give me the wifi code.
Restaurant understaffed and had to turn people away as they could only handle 2 orders at once. limited menu and nothing on draught at the bar.
Took few attempts to find a clean bowl at breakfast, prefer to eat mine and not somebody else's.
Room clean and only couple hairs in bath.
Good location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Kanga01
Claire_Wilson7, Manager at Premier Inn Dorchester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give me an honest review regarding your stay at the Dorchester Premier Inn. Firstly, I would like to say sorry for getting it so wrong for you, this clearly is not what we promise to be! I have passed your feedback to the Team Leaders of the business who will pick this up with the team to ensure we get this right in the future. In light of your disappointment please contact me directly so we can ensure that I got a chance to discuss this with personally. Kid Regards, Claire, Ops Manager on OpsManager.dorchester@whitbread.com

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our room was clean, double bed and the bathroom with shower looked new and modern. The small flat screen TV was sufficient for our needs to get updated on news and weather.
Breakfast is excellent with a large selection of food.
Thanks a lot !

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Claire_Wilson7, Manager at Premier Inn Dorchester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review for the hotel, I am pleased you found Dorchester Premier Inn was exactly what you needed it for. I will be sure to pass on your great comments to the breakfast team. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel one day soon! Kind Regards, Claire, Ops Manager, Dorchester Premier Inn.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

First time at this premier Inn - were visiting friends so needed somewhere to sleep.

The Hotel is newish - a challenge to find - with young, friendly, helpful polite staff. Nothing was too much trouble.. A warm welcome - arrived mid-afternoon so car parking in the underground car park was available.

Our room was fine - clean and comfortable. Only downside was it had a communicating door - the soundproofing not good - could hear the conversation in the next room!

Breakfast was excellent - freshly cooked buffet - could not fault it.

Would use the Hotel again. Very central.

Room Tip: Avoid a room with a connecting door unless yo know who is in the other room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Hi There, I am glad you found the chance to write a review for us, it’s great to get feedback! As the hotel is so new and we are on a new complex, we are awaiting our signage to be delivered in, this will make a big difference for our guests. I am pleased my team gave you a warm welcome, that is really important to us at Premier inn, we always ensure all of our guest’s receive this welcome, I shall also pass on your lovely comments regarding the breakfast, the team will love to hear that! I take onboard your comments regarding the interconnecting doors, we only have a few sets of those rooms, and usually it is for families and we open the doors, however I appreciate your feedback. Once again, many thanks for taking the time to write a review. Kind Regards, Claire, Ops Manager.

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Great location, upcoming shopping complex, close to station and buses. I stayed two nights, would do so again. Staff helpful. Only problem they lost my dinner reservation and I have now written a complaint to Premier Inn. Hopefully that will not happen next time.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am sorry that the team lost your reservation, we can always sort that out for you at the hotel, there is always a Duty Manager on shift to help out at any time. Premier Inn will pass your complaint back down to me, so if next time you experience any issues at all, please get in touch directly with me and we can ensure that you do not have to wait for the complaint to filter back down to us. I can assure you that the team take this a constructive feedback and we always strive to give the best experience. I hope that you do come back to Dorchester Premier Inn soon. Kind regards, Claire, Ops Manager.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

As the title suggests if you are looking for a friendly hotel within budget I would highly recommend this Premier Inn. Its location is central not only to Dorchester but it makes it very close and easy to get to all the surrounding sites and wonders of the Dorset coast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for writing such a lovely review! It’s lovely to know that you would recommend us so highly, please do shout about to us to all your friends and family! We re located in a fantastic location and it’s only going to get better, as the 2nd phase of the new development has just started. We hope to see you soon back at Dorchester Premier Inn Kind regards, Claire, Ops Manager.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is the second time we have used this hotel, it's very new and modem. The food is prepared fresh so if it gets busy you may have to wait a while. Again breakfast is a waiting game if it is busy you may have to wait a bit for more cooked food as breakfast is a buffet self service. The plus side the hotel is very clean and the staff are very helpful, there is an underground car park so book in advance.

Room Tip: Book car park in advance
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Edward J
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

This was a really good break really nice area alot of development but it wont start dead early would come back but
The first room we had was the last room in the hotel, had a pair of boxers on the floor and the door was held open by the lock went down to complain about it and they apologise and changed the room straight away,
Second room we had was just as you would expect apart from the lack of towels for two people, they apologised agian and gave us some more.
We ran out of toilet paper thought they would replace in the day when cleaning the room but No so once agian we had to ask.
On the last morning my partner went to make a cup of tea and they forgot to replace the spoons for the coffee

Like I said the front of house staff where brilliant just the basic house keeping needs attention.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorchester
Best Western Wessex Royal Hotel
#5 of 6 in Dorchester
The Heights Hotel
The Heights Hotel
#1 of 1 in Isle of Portland

Been to Premier Inn Dorchester Hotel? Share your experiences!