“Very tasty curry and helpful staff”
Review of The Spice Centre

The Spice Centre
Ranked #85 of 134 Restaurants in Dorchester
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Tucked away off the main street at the top of top. Quite an odd place inside....a liitle scruffy and could do with a lick of paint. The food however is excellent. Worth a visit. Good value for money. Staff very helpful.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

The Spice Centre is a strange place - tucked away behind a main road and other buildings. The entrance looks a bit like the front of a wood hut and once inside there's a bar area and some seating and then opens out into what essentially feels like a bingo hall!

I commented on the Christmas music playing in the background, our waiter laughed and said he was feeling festive - I haven't eaten a curry whilst listening to the 'Christmas classics' before!

If I was being critical, there's probably too much choice on the menu. It took me ages to decide what I wanted to eat. But the food was excellent and there was a lot of it!

The service was flawless for an Indian restaurant - everyone was friendly and helpful. They kept our drinks topped up and ensured we were enjoying our meal.

Excellent value for money as well!

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

I wnt 2 last n8 wiv frndz . The food ws vry excellent . I cant explain we hd fun , as its a big place . The chef is very good the cury ws so tasty aswell , I liked the garlic chili chicken n chicken chili masala . We will return soon

1  Thank Shah R
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We have eaten here many many times albeit only at lunch times. Sadly we have never seen anyone else eating there at the same time. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the chef is very happy to spice up dishes on request. We have no hesitation at all in recommending the Spice Centre. Maybe the decor is dated but the food is superb!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

A great curry house to eat in and sensibly priced.
We have eaten in here twice now and will visit again.
The inside is quite unusual for a curry house but its great and comfortable. The service is also good. Try it.