“All round satisfaction”

Dining options: Reservations
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“All round satisfaction”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I have visited the Spyway in on many occasions over the last two years and can honestly say there has never been a disappointing evening.

The staff are very friendly and attentive. The location is beautiful with plenty of seating out the back with a beautiful view of the countryside. There is a kids play area to keep the littles ones amused

The meals are top quality and the portions enough to keep the biggest of appetites satisfied. It's great value for money.

I would definitely recommend that you book a table and don't just chance turning up as its a very popular restaurant and is always busy. This will not mean that you are kept waiting, well not in my experience anyway.

My best advice would be to try a meal here and I'm sure you'll be adding a comment pretty much the same as mine.

• Visited August 2013

Horsham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic watering hole !”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My wife and I visited this Inn for lunch on our way to South Devon on Friday 14/06/13 . We had not booked , however , although the restaurant looked full somehow the landlord found us a table for two whilst we had a drink at the bar .
I ordered liver and bacon and my wife had fish and chips . Sounds pretty basic but both were cooked perfectly and presented piping hot and with a smile !
It was very obvious why the place was so popular and we will definitely visit again since we travel to Devon to visit family regularly . Next time we will book in advance .

Well worth the effort to find since it seemed to be in the middle of nowhere . Can't wait to go back !!

• Visited June 2013
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Mystery dinner”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Had a very tasty meal bank holiday friday evening. Friends had booked the table which is recommended. Pork tenderloin with apricot stuffing wrapped in parma ham was absolutely delicious followed by a baked white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake.

Devoran, United Kingdom
“slow service, cold food”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We have been here before and quite liked it. However this time it wasn't good. The pub was very crowded and the staff obviously stretched to capacity. We waited a long time for the food to arrive after ordering it, 45mins, and unfortunately mine was cold and my partners meat was undercooked. We didn't raise any concerns at the time as we were with a party and didn't want to ruin it for the guest of honour ! But sorry guys you really didn't make the grade this time :(

• Visited May 2013
Beaminster, United Kingdom
“Fell short”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We have been to The Spyway about three times in the past, but, I'm afraid, on our recent visit I was a bit dissappointed.
The bar and tables were fairly crowded, and I could see that they were a bit stretched. Still, it's a nice place and the staff are friendly.
I chose Lemon Sole as my main, but it was overcooked, particularly on one side, and the unpeeled potato and salad leaf accompaniment was a bit uninspiring. I ate what I could, but rather lost my appetite.

• Visited May 2013