“lunch out”

Ranked #16 of 134 Restaurants in Dorchester
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Situated within the beautiful old Dorchester Brewery site, Zizzi's new home boasts a large terrace that overlooks the Brewery square - one to make the most of on those beautiful sunny days. Inside, the restaurant makes the most of the old brewery's architecture with exposed brickwork and large arched factory windows, whilst the design makes the most of Dorchester being part of the 'Jurassic Coast'. Our open-plan kitchen is situated in the centre of the building, so every table can view our chefs hard at work and cooking up a storm for all to enjoy!Dine al fresco with an outdoor dining area for sunny weather. And tweet what you eat with WiFi available here (if you’re in to that).
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Another new restaurant in the Brewery Square development in Dorchester. Nice new premises close to the other chain Italian restaurant Carluccio's who has also opened recently.Having tried
both who have fairly similar menus and price structures I would say that at the moment Carluccio's
are producing the better cooking.Our starters of Frito Misto had mainly cremated vegetables and minute white bait .My wife had a type of Pizza which turned out to be mainly base with little filling.My fish stew was OK but the same meal in Carluccio's a few weeks before.was superior you pay your money and takes your choice on balance I know which one we will return to.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Zizzi an Italian Restaurant in Dorchester. In a relatively new complex (construction area still underway in some parts). However don't let this put you off a visit. We sat outside and on the terrace. Enjoyed a lovely meal and several bottles of bubbly. Perfect, sitting in the sunshine, watching the water fountains and the on screen film in the square - lovely. The food was tongue tingling and you could taste every herb and spice used - all blended well with the bubbly. Service was exceptional, very informative and friendly. The local people of Dorchester were friendly and spoke very highly of this restaurant - well worth a visit, well priced.

2  Thank Maria209011
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Nice food but missing a couple of things that should be on the menu, Bruschetta for one. Sharing platter is to die for and staff are excellent and can't do enough for you. Well worth a visit. Fountain outside is quite breathtaking at night.

2  Thank FOREVER008
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

4 of us went to zizzi Dorchester today and we didn't have a great experience.

Our booking was messed up, we had 2 taste cards and when my friend called to ask if we could use 2 cards for 4 of us we were told yes. When we got there we were told no but when we said we had asked on the phone the manager said we could just this once!

The service was pretty bad and it wasn't hugely busy as its not that big.

We waited quite a while for our breads and even longer for our mains. I ordered salad and it was pretty inedable, how they can mess up salad I do not know. One of the others had pasta and that wasn't great either.

When we asked for the bill and paid at the bar the waitress came running after me asking who had paid! I told her we paid at the bar and just got the response oh!

These may well be just teething issues as its only been open for a week or so but I don't think I will be going back.

2  Thank stressicajordan
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Tried to book ahead last Saturday for Carluccio's but they were full so thought to try Zizzi instead. Happened they had just opened that day and the place was buzzing. Staff very friendly and wanting to please. My wife had a very nice chicken dish. Not fancying any of the other main dishes I had the special pizza rustica mare e monte which was Ok but nothing special and quite expensive for what it was. With just olives, bread and oils to share for a starter and two glasses of wine the total bill was £47 which I thought quite expensive for what we had. Have to book earlier for Carluccio's another time.

1  Thank Mike B