“Friendly place with great wine and food”

Durnovaria Wine Bar
Ranked #2 of 9 Nightlife in Dorchester
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stopped here by chance at lunch time... the staff were really friendly and we had all kinds of cold meat and cheese platters and salads : all fresh and tasty -from local produce....
we couldn't leave without purchasing some more of the gorgeous smoky Dorset cheese and some great chutneys!
Would love to come again at night!

There are newer reviews for Durnovaria Wine Bar

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Durnovaria is Dorchester's best drinking establishment in my opinion! Friendly staff, a fantastic selection of wines and wonderful food all sourced locally - it reminds me of osterias in Italy. The meat, cheese and now fish platters all taste wonderful and knowing that they have come from local producers is great as it means a lot to me to support local businesses and cut down on food miles! During the day the atmosphere is relaxed and I'm equally happy chilling with a good book and a glass of prosecco or having lunch and a drink with friends. As well as supporting local food producers they display local artists' work and have live musicians regularly through the week. Prices are competitive and although the platters may cost a bit more than a Costa panini the quality is far superior! Give it a try, I'm sure you'll love it!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Being a local I visit many bars and pubs in Dorchester, but none have impressed me as much as Durnovaria. Great bar staff, very chatty and welcoming! A great little gem!

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We visit Dorchester twice a year and tried the new wine bar. Particularly friendly and very good service.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I really enjoyed the selection of drinks, and the amazing customer service in the bar - all were very friendly and great at advising me on wine for my special occasion. However, the fact that the supposed owner was drinking next to me in a very poor manner will put me off ever going back - he was very loud and took up a lot of service time from actual paying customers. Though I am thrilled there is a new wine bar but the atmosphere (which was too dark) just wasn't right for me.

1  Thank DorchesterDiner2013