“Excellent”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Friendly owners doing a great job, fab atmosphere, fantastic food especially the fish
Cooked fresh to order
Would highly recommend

2  Thank Richard G

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have lunched here on numerous occasions now and have always been impressed by Chef Dave's subtle touch with spicing and skilled cooking we are fans for sure. Last night we attended the long awaited Mexican Night with our daughter and my wife's parents. We were delighted to she the place packed and really buzzing. Previous visits have always been relaxed lunchtimes but last night we saw a different side of Dave the consummate professional pushing his excellent (and charming) team to deliver a truly fantastic evening. Plate after plate of brilliantly conceived and perfectly executed food clean clear flavours and bold spicing throughout. Blackened Salmon was cooked on point moist and rich. Pollo Mole was almost shocking in its conception (chicken in a chocolate driven sauce!!) and triumphant in its execution. Pork Verde was spicy and delicious and truly authentic. Brilliant cooking brilliant fun a brilliant night. Sincere thanks to Dave and all the team. Can I award 6 stars?

2  Thank gazbag1
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Our starters of mussels in two different styles were followed by plaice, mullet and a veggie dish, all were delicious. David, the chef was on his own so we waited a bit, but the atmosphere and olives were enough to stave off our hunger. The wait was well rewarded.

1  Thank malcolm c
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The owners are very willing to serve anything you like (within reason). Fish is David's special ingredient but he is passionate about what he does, cooks everything himself and puts 'chain restaurants' to shame. You will be sure to have a unique, enjoyable meal. Wish them every success in this rather hidden, out of the way location.

1  Thank DorchesterMargaret
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Visited this lovely family-run restaurant for a Saturday lunch. The chef was ready to cater to any requests, and I accepted the offer of a Goat's Cheese and Vegetable Tart, which turned out to be delicious. The food is all freshly made as you wait, and it is clear that an effort is made to use only fine quality ingredients. The vegetables were cooked to perfection, and freshly fried chips made a great accompaniment. I was so impressed that I couldn't refuse a mousse dessert, which was a careful combination of sweet and tangy flavours, and mutually complimenting textures. As I was alone, I enjoyed chatting to the owners while I waited. They only opened the Bistro last year, but have been in the business for many years, and evidently love what they do.
The tasteful and somehow summery decor makes you feel like you're on holiday!
Altogether a great experience, and an as-yet-little-known gem hidden away from the high street. Hope to be able to visit again soon!

1  Thank 대왕거북이