“Unique!”

Trinity Bistro
Price range: US$1 - US$32
Cuisines: European, Seafood, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Poole, England, United Kingdom
“Unique!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Unless you are a local or know a local, i think you would easily miss the fact that Trinity Bistro exists, it is small and tucked out of the way. For us it was the latter, a friend of ours, local to Dorchester, recommended the restaurant as a place to go and celebrate a birthday, and I am glad they did. The atmosphere was unique and personal, you were made to feel welcome and I felt like I was eating in the hosts home and not a restaurant. The service was with a smile, chatter and banter and the food was simply sublime. The restaurant is not huge, so booking up is recommended, and all the food is cooked fresh, in fact you can see David cooking it behind the the counter, as he's chatting out to the guests. Go to TB, enjoy the food, enjoy the company and you'll be sure to want to return.

Dorchester, United Kingdom
“a hidden gem”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Myself and my husband visited on a Saturday evening for our wedding anniversary, unsure as to what to expect as we had real problems trying to contact anyone in the first place to book!
We shouldn't of worried although it was quite quiet there was a lovely welcoming atmosphere and the food was delicious, the chef is also happy to adapt the meals to meet your taste which is fantastic!
I would say its quite a laid back atmosphere it almost reminded me of a bistro in the Mediterranean somewhere!
Overall definaetly worth a visit we will be going back

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food Made From Scratch”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Had a late lunch here, and had a great meal. The chef and the waitress were great fun which is a real bonus for a laid back venue like this. On a recommendation we had a sharing plate which was cooked fresh and from scratch which makes a real difference followed by some great puddings.

Menu is biased towards seafood and depends on what's caught, cooked expertly, cannot wait to get stuck into the potted crab next time.

For the price, atmosphere and the simple unpretentiousness of it you have to go a long way to beat it. Recommended.

1 Thank Vasszaytsev
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
“Great seafood”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Colourful place with friendly staff and excellent food. Seafood dominated the menu and we enjoyed it so much we went back the next night. Tried mussells, spagetti with clams and cod and loved them all. Limited desert menu but the Eton Mess was very good. Good value and a very enjoyable experience.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank paulb1055
Dorchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Courtyard Venue”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This lovely bistro is in an unique courtyard venue situated in a hidden
away location just off Trinity Street and opposite the Trinity Club. Forget your big chain restaurants located in the likes of Brewery Square, this is a one off restaurant where you will receive undivided individual attention!

All food is freshly cooked in an open kitchen according to your
order so you can view your meal being created in front of you! The staff are lovely; David the Chef and Creator of delicious dishes, an eccentric and vivacious character, superbly assisted by the gorgeous Kirsty who is front of house. Both David and Kirsty are from London but of course they relocated to delightful Dorset! Assisted to them they have varying staff that visit to help out, Sarah, a real outgoing Dorset gal, who loves to talk and other waiters/waitresses as required. So this is a truly homely family! Oh, did I mention that David has worked in many important kitchens in London and all over the place? One of them was with that guy with the wrinkly forehead, sorry, name escapes me!

Okay, I'll come clean and own up, maybe I'm biased? We are a little community at Trinity House that comprises an accountant, a knitwear designer (me), a cat charity shop, a community interest company and a jewellery designer. There is currently one unit that is vacant to rent if you would like to join us?

I sit up here in my ivory tower above Trinity Bistro knitting away most days and I can assure you the smells coming out of this kitchen are truly orgasmic! The chit chat of the regular visitors adds to the ambience of this individual restaurant. Miss out on it at your peril! :)

1 Thank LilyLeoFern