“A must-visit in Dorchester”
Review of Trinity Bistro - CLOSED

Trinity Bistro
Price range: US$1 - US$32
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reading, United Kingdom
“A must-visit in Dorchester”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I found Trinity Bistro on Trip Advisor and decided to dine there with two colleagues. We were staying in Dorchester on business. All too often a restaurant is judged by the food alone so lets start with that. The seafood at Trinity is excellent. The stand out dish was the Drunken Crab which I think is the best crab dish I've eaten in the UK. The flavours were strong without overpowering the crab. For dessert the Eton Mess was delicious.

As for the dining experience, this is a very cool venue. A small friendly dining room with eclectic furnishings and an open kitchen from where you can hear the banter and the smell the food being prepared.

The team at Trinity were so welcoming, and made our visit really memorable.

All in all I couldn't recommend Trinity, and the team there, highly enough.

Weymouth, United Kingdom
“A Great Saturday Night Experience”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We managed to book just a few days before, we thought it looked good due to Tripadvisor reviews. On arrival they had reserved a good table for us even though the restaurant was full. The staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble, after they brought my steak I realised that I had forgotten to ask for a pepper sauce and the Chef after some banter made me a very delicious sauce. The dishes were quite inventive and full of flavour and somewhat different from the usual run of the mill choices. Overall I would definitely go there again as the food was very good as was the service and atmosphere and setting was very informal. A big plus for Dorchester, please don't change anything.

Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Disappointment”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Mediocre food, mediocre service. Each fish dish seems to be loaded with capers; the paella (which had capers in it as well....) had little to do with Spanish paella. All in all, this restaurant is pretty overrated in our opinion.

2 Thank Erik B
UK
“Phenomenal...so glad we found Trinity Bistro!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We had planned on eating elsewhere in Dorchester but discovered that they weren't serving - en route back to the Brewery Square development where we would be eating in a chain place, we spotted the board advertising Trinity Bistro...and boy are we glad we did! From the alley way down to the Bistro it was a great first impression as candles and outdoor tables led the way. Both David and Sarah welcomed us in and we were quickly served with drinks and given a menu for the evening. The options for food were fantastic - lots of fresh fish options and great prices, at 26 weeks pregnant I had struggled to find food elsewhere earlier in the week as so many issues include items I'm not able to eat but the pure variety of fish dishes was fantastic and I and my husband were spoilt for choice.
My husband loved the Sauvignon Blanc on offer and there were plenty of options for soft drinks for me. Once our orders had been placed we were given a pot of seafood cocktail - this was delicious and soon disappeared into our bellies! For starters we opted for the prawn cocktail - fantastic - and the crab crostini which my husband simply adored! And then the mains...I had hake in a gorgeous prawn, cheese and cream sauce whilst my husband had the Megram sole which he was blown away by. We had eaten at another seafood/fish restaurant earlier in the week and Trinity blew them out of the water!!
David and Sarah are fantastic hosts - the banter between them is great and it really helps you to feel at home...just be prepared for David to shout things at you from the kitchen as he checks that your meal is keeping you happy...by the end of the evening he had decided to call me "mum" given the very obvious baby bump!
We decided on the spot to book again for the Saturday night and our second experience was just as special as the first - this time we ate whitebait and mussels as starters (all fantastic) whilst for mains we opted for sea bream and a special of scallops with prawns - again these were fantastic! We even decided to plum for dessert the second time around and these were again amazing! The prices are more than reasonable and the atmosphere is great, we were also impressed that every single dish which was served to other customers looked just as stunning as the food we had. The relaxed feel in the Bistro really helps to make this a special experience and there is no pretence at all...amazing food cooked to order and served in a relaxing, warm environment. What more could you want?
As you might have guessed we loved our visits to Trinity, we are just gutted that Dorchester is so far away from where we live as we would definitely have become regulars if it was closer.
This restaurant is a must visit if you go to Dorchester - you really are in for a treat if you go there!

1 Thank LisaAndSteveUk
Poole, England, United Kingdom
“Unique!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Unless you are a local or know a local, i think you would easily miss the fact that Trinity Bistro exists, it is small and tucked out of the way. For us it was the latter, a friend of ours, local to Dorchester, recommended the restaurant as a place to go and celebrate a birthday, and I am glad they did. The atmosphere was unique and personal, you were made to feel welcome and I felt like I was eating in the hosts home and not a restaurant. The service was with a smile, chatter and banter and the food was simply sublime. The restaurant is not huge, so booking up is recommended, and all the food is cooked fresh, in fact you can see David cooking it behind the the counter, as he's chatting out to the guests. Go to TB, enjoy the food, enjoy the company and you'll be sure to want to return.

• Visited July 2014