“Awesome again”
The Manor House - Front aspect Banqueting table in Dining Hall with beautiful exposed stairs
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
The Manor House - Front aspect
Banqueting table in Dining Hall with beautiful exposed stairs
Large sitting room with ample seating and an open fireplace
Games room with pool table Wii and piano
Four oven AGA lit all year round
Large farmhouse kitchen
Small sitting room
Main stairs
Master suite with four poster and bath tub in the room!
Master tub
Garden facing room
Master suite
Rear facing bedroom
Private and secluded front aspect
Beautiful summer wedding
Front lawn with traditional style marquee
Front lawn with traditional style marquee
attic rooms 6ft head height
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dodge C
southam
“Awesome again”
Reviewed 1 May 2018 for a stay in April 2018

3rd time at this amazing house. Laid back and peaceful, a perfect place for aging mates to meet and laugh

Linda F
Louth, United Kingdom
“Will definitely return”
Reviewed 21 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Good location, lovely room with a very comfortable bed, everything is provided for a great stay. Lovely surroundings.

Stella L
“Gutted and so disappointed”
Reviewed 18 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018
people found this review helpful

Far be it for me to be a kill joy ! But after a hectic Easter with family and kids we were looking forward to a Quite night away !!!!
Turned up to find the place inundated with kids and a full on party friends of the owners all staying in the house !!
Having no en suite facilities and gazing out of the window having been advised they were friends and all staying I felt like a gate crusher !!!
If I'd been made aware of this before booking I would never have booked !!
To be fair I booked through a website
We didn't stay we left and like I say I didn't want to make a scene in front of their friends
It was a very disappointing end to what had been a very enjoyable day away
My advise would be find out whose staying here first

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
ShelbyLor...
Hatfield, United Kingdom
“Truly Beautiful Manor Experience”
Reviewed 12 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017
person found this review helpful

When my best friend and I parked up outside this stunning house we were immediately in awe of it. My little Fiat 500 seemed tiny in comparison to the house which has such an impressive and charming exterior - we couldn't wait to get inside. We were greeted at the front door by Tabitha and her gorgeous little pooch who was also just as welcoming!
As Tabitha gave us a tour she casually mentioned that we were the only ones booked to stay that evening so we had the ground floor unit all to ourselves... Well, my friend and I were just over the moon! During low season the hosts book out individual rooms rather than the whole house so we were just expecting a room with shared facilities.
I think this is on a lot of people's life goals lists - to stay in a glorious manor house in the heart of picturesque Dorset countryside surroundings!
Our original plans were to check-in and find a local restaurant for dinner (which Harry actually helped to recommend) - but the kitchen was far too charming and tempting so instead we went to the local shop and bought food to cook indoors ourselves. We played music, cooked up a storm and prattled around for the best part of the evening!
Once we had eaten we poured a glass of wine and moved across the hall into the games room. Decorated in the most suitably-vintage style the room consisted of all sorts of entertainment from a piano to board games, a pool table to books and a cozy sofa to relax on. We ended up playing pool for a couple of hours and then retired to the lounge.
We tried to make the most of everything on offer in the short time we had there. Before we arrived we had spent the day at the nearby Tank Museum which is about a 15 minute drive away from The Manor House. Having spent an action-packed day at the museum I did end up falling asleep on the (very comfortable) sofa in the lounge! The lounge was equipped with Sky TV, magazines and a whole heap of DVDs.
Our bedroom was also located on the ground floor, at the front of the house. When we woke up we opened the shutters and laid with a tea in bed looking out at the sunrise. The view was beautiful. I struggled to get out of bed that morning! The bed was warm, comfortable and spacious.
We arose early as we were expecting a tradesman back at about 8am - he was doing work on the new bathroom upstairs when we arrived and he politely let us know what time he would be back in the morning. He did not disturb us as we are early risers anyway and we were shown to the other bathroom to use during our stay. Our bathroom had a huge shower, dressing table and toilet - and there is also a large downstairs toilet to use as well. So, no disruptions at all.
We left the property at around 9.45am after serving ourselves breakfast in that fabulous kitchen again. We were well catered for - a variety of cereals, marmalade, jams and spreads were provided along with a fresh loaf of bread, eggs, fresh fruit and yoghurts. Plenty to set us up for a day at Monkey World (10 minute drive away!)
Before we left we had a little look at the other outdoor facilities - there's a ping pong table and dart board in the stable and a tennis court as well.
I documented my stay via social media and my friends and family went crazy for the house. There is a strong possibility of us returning with more people in tow!
Thanks again! Very memorable and unexpected stay.

RakelZLDN
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing stay at a beautiful house! Best weekend ever!”
Reviewed 4 November 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

We stayed here when we got married in Dorset and it was the most perfect setting to host all of our friends and family. The house was beautiful and big enough to house us all with lots of room for entertainment and dinners. It helped make it an unforgettable weekend and especially for my family from Canada to get to experience beautiful Dorset!! Would definitely recommend for any big groups as a place to stay!

Management Response
6 Nov 2017
Thank you for your review, it was great to have you stay!
Caroline...
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed 24 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

We have just returned from a long weekend stay at this amazing house. A mixture of adults and children of varying ages from 2-12. The house is huge and had everything we needed and also the children were entertained with the sand pit, tennis court, tree house . The bedrooms were huge and spacious and the beds very comfy and travel cots were provided for my twins toddlers.
Would definitely love to stay here again.

David K
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Fabulous Find”
Reviewed 22 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

I booked this place as part of a mini break and a pilgrimage to a place I spent a lot of time as a teenager.

Initially surprised by the lack of en suite, in room entertainment or even a kettle, this turned out to be the perfect 'get away from it all and relax' type of retreat.

My only two gripes on leaving were the place is quite noisy, having wooden floors throughout, hearing every footstep in this beautiful house. The other were that the neighbouring room were clearly smoking as I could smell it from the adjoining room!

All being said, I recommend this Manor House for a 'get away from it all' type break or maybe a large family and friends type break

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing