I have just come home from a week staying in the three bedroomed Flintcombe with my husband, our son and his wife, and our baby grandson.
We were delighted with the property - it was spotlessly clean, spacious and well appointed, and we enjoyed having access to the veggie patch outside our window.
It is a pretty site, well placed for access to Dorset's southern tourist attractions, and we had a most enjoyable week.
We were too busy to use the pool until the last day, but my son said he was annoyed with himself for not taking advantage of it earlier in the week, but we played billiards and table tennis and the baby enjoyed the yurt.
I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a family holiday. It wasn't cheap but we all enjoyed it very much.
Couple of small details - the carpets showed some sign of summer traffic, so an end-of-season shampoo wouldn't go amiss, and the hot water tank obviously wasn't very big because if one of us had a bath, everyone else had a cold shower.
Wireless access was distinctly iffy, and should be provided free - charging when it doesn't work very well and you are charging top rates for house hire anyway seems a bit petty...
But don't let any of these points put you off.
* Nice and unexpected touch was the chimnea in the garden...even if the weather was too good to use it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17 Award winning self catering cottages, situated in rural Dorset with beautiful gardens, indoor swimming pool, tennis courts and outdoor play area. The houses vary in size sleeping from two guests up to twelve, many are pet friendly and we even have our own onsite dog walking area and pony paddock so you can bring your horse on holiday ! Relax and enjoy your holiday with friends and family in wonderful surroundings - call us now ! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Greenwood Grange Farm Cottages Hotel Dorchester
- Greenwood Grange Dorchester, Dorset