Bay Tree House
  • Restaurant
Junction Hotel(Dorchester)
Riviera Hotel(Weymouth)
View Hotel
The Smuggler's Inn(Osmington Mills)
  • Restaurant
Windsor Hotel(Weymouth)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslarge tableb bround tablefresh fruitexcellent breakfastcomfortable bedcannot recommend highly enoughfull englishquiet areastayed for one nightbusiness or pleasuretown centreshared bathroomother guestssingle roomtea and biscuitseasy parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 September 2013

What a gem of a place. Spotlessly clean, excellent breakfast with plenty of choice and very friendly. Gary couldn't do enough for you. You are made really welcome its a excellent place to stay. It's 5 minutes walk away from the town centre and if you can't find a place on the off road parking there is the street with ample room to park. We would thoroughly recommend this B and B

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen L
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

We found this B&B when looking on the internet for somewhere to stay in Dorchester for a couple of nights. So pleased we chose this one! We had to phone Gareth when we arrived as he was at the cafe they own in the town centre. But they had provided a lovely little bench to sit on by their front door! He was only 10minutes. As we were away from home for a couple of weeks doing various things we had a couple of larger cases but Gareth carried them both up to our room on the 2nd floor. Very comforting room and good ensuite. We even had a tv rising out of the end of our bed much to my delight! Free wifi too.
The house was very tastefully decorated in a contemporary style. Breakfast was taken in the dining room round one table. Food was fabulous. Plenty of fresh fruit in all guises, yoghurt, cereals, lovely cooked items with eggs how you wanted them straight from their own chickens. Gareth and Nicola owned a cafe/bistro in the town centre which we tried out, getting a 10% discount. About 15 minutes walk into town, a lovely place to visit. Do go to the museum and see Thomas Hardy exhibition. Some nice restaurants and pubs too - my husband had a pint of Piddle! Would most definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Elaine M
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We found this little gem in Dorchester quite by chance and are so glad we did. We booked a night with less than 24 hours notice, how lucky we are that this B&B came up as available. It is definitely somewhere we would gladly have chosen even if we had had more time to research. The B&B is fitted out to a very high standard and very tastefully done. We stayed in room 5 at the top of the house, a lovely room, clean and comfortable with everything you need. The bed was very comfortable and luxurious with a built in TV in the leather bedstead, a first for us and we have stayed in some very nice boutique hotels and B&Bs. Such a nice host, warm and welcoming, even gave up his space on his drive for us We ate at La Caverna, a small Italian restaurant in Dorchester that we can also thoroughly recommend. As with everything else in the house, breakfast was very well presented and delicious with it. We will definitely be going back for a longer stay and to spend a bit of time in Dorchester which looks like an interesting town.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike_Lisa_Jackson
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I enjoyed my 5 night stay at Bay Tree House, Gareth couldn't do enough for you. I especially liked the large table for breakfast which you could have a chat with the other people staying especially as I was a solo traveller. The rooms were clean and quiet with a comfy bed, I was in room 2 which had a chaise longue so I could watch tv sitting on this rather than lying on the bed. The breakfast was great, juice, fresh fruit, cereals, yoghurt plus lots of cooked options as well. Gareth was always around when I returned in the evening to ask how my day had been, I would strongly recommend this B&B to anyone with a lovely friendly family atmosphere. Thank you, I'll be staying there again if I'm in the area.

Room Tip: I was at the front of the house in room 2 but it was quiet, there was a little road noise but only commuter traffic but I only noticed this when the window was open. I had a chaise longue in my room and the room was large and airy with ironing board and iron plus hair dryer. Lots of channels on the tv and excellent wifi coverage.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Deborah C
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I stayed for two nights with my husband. We thoroughy enjoyed our visit. The room was lovely and the breakfast was very good indeed. We also loved the area and found the location extremely convenient. We received a very warm welcome and had no complaints at all about our stay. We hope to return.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple