“So good we've already booked to go again!”
Review of Sienna

Sienna
Ranked #10 of 126 Restaurants in Dorchester
Price range: US$33 - US$65
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: An intimate, fourteen cover fine dining restaurant. Serving a stylish British cuisine in Dorchester.
Poole, United Kingdom
“So good we've already booked to go again!”
Reviewed 3 May 2012 via mobile

If fine food (and wine) in a relaxed atmosphere is what you're after then Sienna is well worth a visit. The food was fantastic - I had Cornish hake with chorizo & chickpeas followed by breast & confit leg of duck, finishing with a salted toffee tart - and the wines were well described and of excellent quality. Three courses with canapés, wine, coffee and petit fours for less than £70 a head - Michelin-starred food without the sky high price tag.
We've already booked again to introduce some more friends to this gem of a restaurant! It's quite small so you will probably need to book well in advance though it's certainly worth it.

3 Thank JohnnyHedgehog

Poole, United Kingdom
“Sienna...perfect! (No false TA reviews here!)”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We had the pleasure of eating at Sienna for the first time last night. What a lovely meal...A perfect menu which offers superb choice for such a small venue (only 14 covers?).
The pre-dinner canapes were lovely and set the level of expectation for what followed.
First courses -Hake, chorizo, blood orange, chick peas -a wonderful, balanced combination with each element having a purpose in the construction of the dish.
Mains were i) Sirloin, meat and potato gratin, wild garlic and shallot puree
ii) Gressinham duck, dumplings confited leg, veg and consomme
-both perfectly balanced and cooked and expertly presented.
Desserts: i) 'Apricot and mascarpone' (It's so much more than this!)
ii) Salted toffee tart..... ( " !)
The wines kept pace with the food -again, a great and balanced selection -and well described on the wine menu (You got what was 'on the can' as it were!)
At Sienna the focus is unequivocally on the food.... The service for us was also perfect: Relaxed, friendly and perfectly paced...we enjoyed three hours of fine food and wine -and left feeling we really had had a treat. Thank you very much!

Oh, the title to this review? Sadly, there are certainly a couple of (newish) restaurants in the Bournemouth area who clearly pay for someone or a company to give them overly positive TripAdvisor reviews. If you read my other reviews you should spot them and hopefully you won't be fooled.

However you can rely on Michelin -Sienna clearly deserves its star!

2 Thank JandJPoole
UK
“Small, friendly and superbly presented food”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I have just had lunch at Sienna, recommended to me by my wife who has dined before. It is an odd little restaurant, unpretentious and small with only about 5 tables, but this adds to the exclusivity somewhat and, more importantly, it reassured me that the Michelin Star that it holds is for the food above all else. The lunch set menu at £25.50 for two course or £28.50 for three courses is excellent value and an affordable treat, which I will be revisiting. Every mouthful was a delight from the complimentary appetisers to the petit fours. It felt more like 5 courses! The wine list is reasonably pieced and at £70 for two including drinks, I was really impressed. This is a restaurant worth travelling for. It was quiet at lunch time and so a table is not out of the question.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

4 Thank WOTITIS
Bournemouth
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You must try the tasting menu”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

My wife and I ate at Sienna last night and have to say how excellent it was, we had the tasting menu and it was delicious, so glad we did. A true expression of a master chef! I am not sure if I have ever tasted a scollop so fresh and clean. A real taste of the sea. The restaurant is only small but the service is first class, the wine list was great as was the advice. We will be going back again as soon as I can think of a reason for a treat! Thank you Sienna. I can see why it's the only restaurant in Dorset with a star.

1 Thank I_love_good_food_me
bath
“Wonderful - worth the Michelin star”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Relaxed and informal but the food is amazing. A birthday treat but well worth it.

• Visited May 2011